"Due to overwhelming worldwide demand, F75 stock will be very limited!"????

limegoldconvertible68

Mar 18, 2009
Illiniois
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 11"DD coil, CZ-21 with 10" coil, Fisher 1265X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Due to overwhelming worldwide demand, F75 stock will be very limited!"????

That's the headline on one of the big mail order websites for their Fisher page. That has to bode well for First Texas and its a sign that the detector is certainly well thought of throughout the world but what is the cause of the demand and why only Fisher and not any other brand metal detectors. I have heard there is large demand from some of the gold fields in Africa but I use the F70 because I couldn't come up with enough cash for the F75. If true how do people in third world countries come up with $1000?

Re: "Due to overwhelming worldwide demand, F75 stock will be very limited!"????

The Teknetics T2 is a very good option as well, just not quite the same bells and whistles, but close. You can save a couple hundred and have virtually the same performance. Though they can be hard to come by as well, especially the LTD series.

Maybe they just have too many in their inventory and Hype their shortage. I worked for a large grocery store chain when I was a teen (Mannnny years ago) We had a couple of cases of green beens that wern't selling for 18 cents/can. The consumer smart manager had me mark them "down" to 5/$100. Would you believe we sold out in about three days. i also sacked at the register and had to bite my cheek to keep a straight face as I sacked up lots of 5 packs of green beens.

This advertising a shortage of certain items gives the impression the item is in demand so the price can stay up there in the clouds. If you ran a manufacturing company that produced something that everyone wanted, would you try to keep supply low and the customers could buy from your competitor because they couldn't get your detector. :laughing7:

Sandman and I are thinking along the same line..........Sounds like a simple sales pitch to me.....

If you think about it Tesoro could say the same thing about the Tiger Shark and Sand Shark since they are having a problem getting a part to repair old units and it is hard to find new units for sale due to the same shortage.....

They are being sent to the Sudan, The same place the ML4500s are going to and for the same reason. ------------ GOLD

"They are being sent to the Sudan"

And that brings me make to my point. I couldn't afford the F75 and I have a decent job. Who in the heck living in Sudan has $1000 for a metal detector? I have heard the reports of used Minelab 4500's selling over there for more than new ones do here. Now supposedly new F75's are in short supply while you can still pick up a used one for $500. Heck, used F70's barely bring $350. If there was such demand surely someone would be making their fortune buying up every used F70 and F75 on the cheap and shipping them to Sudan. That doesn't seem to be happening. I don't even see much demand on Ebay so why hasn't anyone in Sudan figured out how to use Ebay?

Where have you seen used F70's and F75's?

limegoldconvertible68 said:
"They are being sent to the Sudan"

And that brings me make to my point. I couldn't afford the F75 and I have a decent job. Who in the heck living in Sudan has $1000 for a metal detector? I have heard the reports of used Minelab 4500's selling over there for more than new ones do here. Now supposedly new F75's are in short supply while you can still pick up a used one for $500. Heck, used F70's barely bring $350. If there was such demand surely someone would be making their fortune buying up every used F70 and F75 on the cheap and shipping them to Sudan. That doesn't seem to be happening. I don't even see much demand on Ebay so why hasn't anyone in Sudan figured out how to use Ebay?
Many dealer and private sellers won't sell outside the US.

I heard they are having problems with getting some parts . Dint hold me to that ,Its just what i heard

Hmmm...?

Logically, since Christmas probably put a big dent in stock, maybe that's why someone bought an F-75 for $2500 on eBay just recently?

Then again, why would any company want to withhold sales of such a popular item? Another question is; "Shouldn't Minelab be short of detectors too?" And if not, there must be a real good reason for it.

According to recent records and dealer statements the Fishers are out-selling all other brands right now, but the reasons aren't exactly clear. The F-75's are selling better than any other specific metal detector, and some dealers have completely switched from promoting Nauties and Minelabs, to Fishers and Teknetics..

This cause one to have some serious questions.

One question here is easily answered though. The reason that foreign countries citizens can afford expensive detectors is because we gave them most of our manufacturing jobs and our country is going down the tube while they are not, and that they now own us because of our enormous depts mostly to Arabia and China, and a host of other countries too. The American dollar is no longer wanted - and it isn't worth more than 23 cents now, due to the current economic practices we now have in front of us.

Where have you seen used F70's and F75's?

Historically on Ebay F75's go for as little as $600. It's a promotional stunt as has already been suggested.

The only ones there is a shortage is the F75 LTD and the T2 LTD... I was informed more of them will be available this spring...

So many opinions, so few facts.

Here are some things to consider about Minelabs, White's, etc, even after sifting through all the trash:

AND.............. http://www.kellycodetectors.com/fisher/fisher_f75_ad.htm

I saw where one Nautilus dealer switched from Nauties and endorsed the Fisher F-75 after many years of putting Nautiluses on a Grandioso scale.

http://www.rebelmetal.com/ Now why would Rebel Metal Detectors go and do such a thing like that?

Other dealers are doing the same thing, all over the country.

It's true, so many opinions, yet so many facts.

LL

Long ago there was a little car that was well known but not popular it was a small car that hadn't much interior room. Fuel was in abundance and very cheap how to sell such a small car in such a market for a good price? They sold the little car and the next year they bought them back for more than the customer had purchased the little car the customer bought the car drove it then made a profit when he sold it. The car was an old design that had been tried and true but was predicted to fail in the American market this car was the Vloks Wagon and became the best selling car in world history. All due to a marketing ploy where they sold limited numbers then bought them back at a higher price. From that point on the brand had a reputation as a car with great resale value. The bug lost it's shine when the air was thick and pollution control was an issue since the bug was an air cooled design pollution control was the downfall of the best selling little car.

Wonder if they will find a way to reduce sales of a good competitor with the same claim that our detector is non polluting? Can we soon see the solar metal detector? Why not sure we could design it ourself and prance about buying replacement batteries every year or two but if a brand did it professionally they could tap a market that has yet to be created.

LuckyLarry said:
Here are some things to consider about Minelabs, White's, etc, even after sifting through all the trash:

Here is something I don't have to consider, it is a 100% positive fact I know. I just did the same test on my Minelab GT and it has no problem seeing a large and a small, thin 14 gold earring passed over the top of the coil, it sounds off very loud and clear....

Here is something I don't have to consider, it is a 100% positive fact I know. I just did the same test on my Minelab GT and it has no problem seeing a large and a small, thin 14 gold earring passed over the top of the coil, it sounds off very loud and clear....

I understand you were able to pick up the 14k gold earring you tested, but obviously if you did "the same test" you would have gotten the same results. There was no tricks or gimmicks. Here is a close up of the 14k earring tested.

earing2.jpg

Digger said:

I understand you were able to pick up the 14k gold earring you tested, but obviously if you did "the same test" you would have gotten the same results. There was no tricks or gimmicks. Here is a close up of the 14k earring tested.

Maybe you have a bad coil, I don't know.

I'm not here to argue with you about it, both of my Sovereign GT's (I have 2) pick up tiny and large gold earrings and gold rings with no problems at all...One of my Sovereign GT's has been custom waterproofed, it has found 2 stud diamond earrings on separate occasions in the surf since I bought it, now granted it has the WOT coil on it...... I am extremely happy with both of my Sovereign GT's. On July 4th 2008 the non waterproof Sov found 4 gold rings, 2 of them diamond, and 1 silver ring at Daytona Beach...

Treasure_Hunter said:
LuckyLarry said:

Its only because your rings are complete. If you took either of your rings and cut them so they were not connected in a ring they would be difficult to detect on your unit if you could hit them at all. The earing is linked together and not connected all the way around which makes it difficult to detect. Virtually any detector will detect complete gold rings, few will detect ones that are broken-The Minelabs are probably the worst.

Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back