What's new

Dug a very deep copper today - need help on ID

Murray8144

Hero Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2015
Messages
661
Reaction score
1,486
Golden Thread
0
Location
Essex County, NJ
Detector(s) used
eTrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dug this copper today at an old park. Very deep like 10". All I did was run some water over it and I can't see much at all. Hoping someone with more experience in old copper can tell what it is. For all I know it's just trash.
At first I thought it was my 1st large cent because of the diameter.

image.webp
image.webp
image.webp
image.webp
 
Upvote 32
Nice KG1. The funny thing about our county is the park system didn't start until 1895. A few incorporate one or several colonial farms so the potential is endless. I've heard of Kg2's coming from these parks but this is the first KG1! Congrats on an old one!
 
LOOKS FINE TO ME ....
 
I believe the wet soil may have assisted in finding that old copper. How's it feel getting into the 1700's club? I'm still working on my membership.

ground was soaked...signal was lousy but repeatable and very deep. feels awesome, i skipped right by the 1800s and went deep in the 1700s. what a hobby.
 
Congratulations on a great find. What a way to keep you excited while the snow is flying this winter.
 
Dude, that's fantastic... Welcome to the kgI club! What a cool moment in your detecting career.
 
Wow that's some serious age!!! Congratulations! !!!
 
Sweet oldie...love finding those old coppers...Congrats
 
Love the old coppers!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom