Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saturday I hit a field a mile from my house and I nabbed 3 indians in one hour, called it a day and headed home for some time with the family.

Sunday I met up with BadJim for some door knocking. We hit an old farm on the edge of town, the very first coin I dug was a clad quarter, little did I know this would be my ONE and ONLY clad coin from this whole yard!!!!

The very next signal 2 feet away was a screaming 01-47 at 4" deep. I cut my plug and see a big silver rim! It was a 1917 walker and 1944 merc dime in the same hole. From there I just started getting coins everywhere, another merc, 1911 V nickel, 4 indians, one looked like it got in a fight and lost bad.

The cuts on it are old because the green patina and completely inside the cuts. Odd because there wasn't power mowers in 1904....lol.....got bunch of wheats, most are in the teens.

Jim got a walker about 5 minutes after I got mine, 3 indians, and a dozen wheats. And only one clad coin as well
This yard was just awesome, virtually NO clad and ALL OLDIES, dream farm yard.

From there we hit 2 small yards in town, first one was a few wheats and the old toy car. And the second yard was a few wheats, and on the curb strip I dug a 1947 rosie for my 500th career silver!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oddly enough out of those 500 silver coins 378 of them have been found since I got my etrac in march 2010. Now that speaks volumes! Thanks for looking and enjoy the pics!

dirty.jpg

4-22-12.jpg

4-22-12car.jpg

4-22-12V.jpg

4-22-12indians.jpg

4-22-12silver.jpg

Upvote 1
WTG G4......you're a huntin maniac.......many more for you.......HH

Helluva good hunt! :notworthy: I will be happy when I break my 20th career Silver ;) ...

Congrats on the 500th silver. Ive found my 3rd today, maybe i'l hit 500 someday. I did get my 10th wheatie today!!! Awesome job!!!

Wow man. Congrats to you. I need to get the nerve to go house hunting.

that's a lot of silver. congrats!

Is that 500 silver coins, or 500 silver pieces? Either way, it's a tremendous milestone!

Is that 500 silver coins, or 500 silver pieces? Either way, it's a tremendous milestone!
it is 500 silver coins...I do not count rings etc in my silver totals

Great finds as always Terry and congrats on your 500th!!!! Like you, since I have gotten my E-trac my silvers have EXPLODED UP..Im sure expierence does count for something but I feel like I was as good a detectorist before I had my E-trac..Its an animal and I give it most of the credit..

Scott

Got some nice Indians. Congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back