69.4 KB · Views: 1,196
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 1,192
  • 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 1,193
Upvote 0
The old spainish is nice ! That CW token is in super sweet condition :hello2: MaineRelic

sweet oldie, congrats

AWESOME job buddy!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I would ask you "what are you going to do for an encore" ? Nice history, and they both cleaned up nice . WTG Coop. :coffee2:Rob

kieser sousa/rip said:
That cleaned up nice.....my half dime could use somea that treatment. :wink: :thumbsup:

I normally leave my silver, but that cleaning looks like its not too harsh. What did you use?

Congrats on something I may take some time (years) finding :notworthy:

Sweet finds, and I hope you find lots more.

The button looks interesting, too. But that 1756 is great, as is the CW token!

That is a sweet reale and so is the token :thumbsup:

:hello2:

Great looking coin :headbang: way better cleaned than uncleaned. Why spoil the looks of a coin, which has tarnish on and hiding most of the detail :icon_scratch:...good job :thumbsup:

SS

Nice, early Milled Pillar 1/2 Reale. WTG! You got me beat by four years - my oldest silver is a 1760 Milled Pillar One Reale. Also, to repeat Crusader's question, what did you use to clean it?

bookfisher said:
Nice, early Milled Pillar 1/2 Reale. WTG! You got me beat by four years - my oldest silver is a 1760 Milled Pillar One Reale. Also, to repeat Crusader's question, what did you use to clean it?
Thanks everyone. I guess you could call it cleaning but if it ads value I call it conditioning. What I use is a mixture of a few different things I will pm the ingredients to who ever wants to know. I let the silver coin soak in the solution and every so often I take it out and gently blot it with a Q-tip until all corrosion is gone " Do not rub" If the surface of the coin has been compromised then it will come out white after soaking, In that case I put the coin in a bezel and wear under my shirt on a chain until it has a nice even gray patina rinse with water after soaking. Most people cant tell it was ever cleaned after you wear it to add patina. HH

Nice Spanish Silver! I love finding that stuff. 8)

Oh and a quick electrolysis jolt probably would have given good results too. Works great on badly encrusted silver.

Elad said:
Nice Spanish Silver! I love finding that stuff. 8)

Oh and a quick electrolysis jolt probably would have given good results too. Works great on badly encrusted silver.
Thanks, Electrolysis removes part of the coins surface and is much to harsh a cleaning method for me on a coin. Ive also seen coins darken after a while after electrolysis But to each his own :icon_thumleft: Best of luck HH

AWESOME digs man!!! Both coins are in very nice shape...Congrats! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back