Silvercop,
I had a strange event occur at a former dump bank a couple of months ago.
I used to dump 2,3, and 4 thousand a week at a bank that had a coin counter. I had an account at this bank for years,but used a closer branch for my regular banking. The tellers operated the counter,and were very polite. I always chose a morning when the bank was not busy to dump my coins.
So on this one particular morning I'm at the bank reading the newspaper as they are counting the coins. The bank was empty of customers. After I was there 20 minutes or so a man entered the bank. He was dressed like a bum but was clean shaven, had a neat haircut and was wearing an expensive watch. The man had a deposit slip in his hand and was fiddling around,looking at brochures,but not approaching a teller.
In the mean time the manager approached me and told me that I cannot dump any coin there anymore because the volume I was dumping was more than his business customers, and was costing the bank money. He went on to say that the tellers would cash out some of my change, but I would have to take the remainder elsewhere. Although he was out of earshot I noticed the man dressed like a bum watching me. When I turned in his direction he averted his eyes, and went about,well, just hanging around with a slip in his hand.
After my talk with the manager I'm wondering about this bum. Is he here for me? Lets see. So I casually leave the bank,(the count is still going on) but once outside I split fast to a doorway of an adjacent building. Less than a minute later the man dressed like a bum comes outside and looks around the parking lot. He can't see me,but I can see him. After a couple of minutes he reentered the bank.
I went back in, hung around for the count to end, and left with my cash. But instead of going to my car I went back to the doorway of the other building. The man walked out just as I entered th doorway,looked around the parking lot,and walked to his car. At that point I stepped out and just stared at the guy,who I know saw me looking at him,but would not look at me.
Was he a Fed? Who knows!