What's new

dump bank fights back

silvercop

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2008
Messages
3,653
Reaction score
13
Golden Thread
0
Location
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
while i was dumping 2K today in halves the bank manager came out and told me to stop by her office before i left.....i knew what was coming and sure enough she dropped the f word on me. she said that "management had decided that my halves were excessive and it was costing them too much wear and tear and repair of the machine" she said the bank would have to start charging me a fee for the halves of 5%, unless i rolled them and brought them in....so i asked her for 10K in rolls and she said she only had 5K so i took them....just got finished re-rolling and i am coming in tomorrow with 5K at once. they don't know what they have gotten themselves into, because i was spreading my dumps around as much as possible, but now they get them ALL :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3:
 
Upvote 0
:occasion14: I love when the man trys to stick it to you and you stick it right back!! maybe we should all pitch in and you can take back about 15-20K. that would get them going.
 
I know I've said it a hundred times on here before, but more & more banks are going to be asking for fee's on one end or the other if not both.

The more people get into CRH or the more people order/dump, the more it's going to cost banks. They are a business and as a business have to charge if it's costing them something at all, even if it's a small amount. It's still costing them something.

I really don't think because someone has an account at a bank that it gives them free reign on everything.
 
That is why I re-roll all of my coins so my bank does not get mad at me :)
 
well seger look at the other end...the bank seems to think if you do not have an account with them they don't even have to make change for you. i have an account with them, and they have just become my one and only dump bank....i do about 15K in halves a week now, and about 2K in dimes, i think i am going to ask them tomorrow if i can still use the counter for dimes or do i need to roll them too? :tongue3:
 
silvercop said:
well seger look at the other end...the bank seems to think if you do not have an account with them they don't even have to make change for you. i have an account with them, and they have just become my one and only dump bank....i do about 15K in halves a week now, and about 2K in dimes, i think i am going to ask them tomorrow if i can still use the counter for dimes or do i need to roll them too? :tongue3:


Yes, but look at it this way, I don't know what kind of an account you have with them, is it just a savings account with a couple hundred in it? or is it just a saftey deposit box? I don't know, but what is the bank making off of you? If you are only using them for a dump, they will IMO eventually tell you to go somewhere else with your dumps.
 
I would think that the more business you do with a bank the harder it would be for them to charge you a fee. I opened an account with a new bank and they wouldnt even give me a box of dimes unless I ordered them. This was a brand new account so I dont blame them. Now the bank I use most of all, if they tried some b.s. like that I would flip out.
 
I think dumping all your coin at that one bank is a bit excessive; they're helping you in getting your silver and eventually you'll probably sell and make a nice profit.
 
The other thing is, it's costing banks to order coins & to get rid of them, if it's not (and you can prove it) then how does garda, brinks, loomis & others stay in business, they are not doing it for free.

Every week on here we all see one or two posts where people are starting to get charged for their CRH hobby, and that's just it, it's OUR hobby, not the BANKS, they don't care if you take your minimal account somewhere else (which is what alot on here have at most banks) cause they are losing money on you anyway.
 
not really sure how rerolling several thousand dollars worth of coin is sticking to the bank, rerolling sucks but I do it all the time. I never get 1k to 2k or more's worth because I don't have the money. Brinks rolls are easier than cWI to reroll (always mark them with lines so people knokw they are dumps), but handrolls are the easiest to reroll. dump one end and pour it back in.
 
Some other banks do not accept rolls. They have to count them or the machine

DW
 
I agree with Seger in that it is only a matter of time before CRHing is forever changed by bank fees and restrictions.

I only take 700-900 dollars in each dump because I am afraid of making the tellers mad about taking my dumps. I can see how taking 8000 dollars at once would create a bit of a stir. Unless you had a business account that involves taking in coins and you had several thousand in deposits, they are not gonna allow that for too long.

I think banks basically put up with CRHers now because at most banks there are not too many of us, YET. But as time goes on and more people start doing it, more banks are gonna say no more.

If I had to roll my dumps by hand I would give up CRHing in a second. So far I have never heard the F word from banks taking dump coins. I have heard it for buying boxes from banks.

I have had a couple of banks tell me not to bring my dumps in anymore because they kept causing the machine to break and they were not going to keep fixing it on account of my halves. Instead of fighting with them I said ok and went to banks with newer machines that accepted the halves without a problem. It is better not to make waves in this hobby if possible.

Jim
 
i think they just told me that in hopes that i would go some place else, not a chance. they want rolls and rolls they will get...alot of um
 
silvercop said:
i think they just told me that in hopes that i would go some place else, not a chance. they want rolls and rolls they will get...alot of um


I'm with Jim on this one, if I had to reroll everything I'd give it up in a heart beat. But more power to you silvercop if you want to do it, but think of all the metal detecting time you're giving up? :icon_scratch:
 
I would defiantly split it up. I am not sure if you can do this but after you dump your coins in a coin machine take the slip from the machine and go to another branch of the same bank and cash/deposit it. That way your dump bank doesnt even know who you are to cxl you account. Should work perfectly as long as the coin machine is open to the public(like TD Bank).
 
cant do it pirate, it must be deposited that same day at the branch you used the machine. and that bank is the only one in my area with free machines, they have 4 branches. like i said i was spreading them around a bit between the 4 and only had problems with this one branch. the others are nice and i know several of the tellers. don't know what it is about that branch, but i am going to check and see if "the management" really made those statements if they give me a hard time about the rolls. and another thing...i bet i can find out if anyone else is using the machines for halves....if i do then i am going to make a call to "the management" and yes i do have a savings account, car loan, and checking account with this bank, so they are making money off me.
 
You could always buy a coin operated laundry and have that as an excuse :thumbsup:
 
yea i am going to do so md soon, thought it wsa going to warm up but it has turned cold again
 
Just a idea............you know 50 cent peices fit perfect in the tubes from paper towels........its a roll what could the bank say about that!
 
silvercop said:
cant do it pirate, it must be deposited that same day at the branch you used the machine. and that bank is the only one in my area with free machines, they have 4 branches. like i said i was spreading them around a bit between the 4 and only had problems with this one branch. the others are nice and i know several of the tellers. don't know what it is about that branch, but i am going to check and see if "the management" really made those statements if they give me a hard time about the rolls. and another thing...i bet i can find out if anyone else is using the machines for halves....if i do then i am going to make a call to "the management" and yes i do have a savings account, car loan, and checking account with this bank, so they are making money off me.

Thats to bad. Ill count myself lucky, I dont even have to be a member of the bank to use the coin changers.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom