Dump Bank

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe I'm thinking of handling this the wrong way. Here's the rundown, I have one primary dump bank, Wells Fargo, a branch that is closest to my home. This branch is where a majority of my dumps go to, and have been going to since I opened my business account with them towards the end of May. The only stipulation is that I pay for my dumps, allowing me to dump as I please, in plastic coin deposit bags. I have never had one single problem with any of the staff, the bank, or in general. About two weeks ago, this branch acquired a new manager and merchant teller, and the ones there got switched to a different branch. Since this new staff took hold, they have been making sure to get every last cent in fees out of me, and have been complaining about the bags, even just a few. Well today, I go in to dump, and the branch manager (big italian/arabic maffia lookin guy,) tells me he will no longer take my bags, and that his decision is final. I ask why, and he tells me because it is too much of a hassle for him. IN ALL REALITY, there is MINISCULE to ABSOLUTELY NO hassle at all. I bring my bags in on a cart, hardly any lifting is done, they fill out a single sheet of paper at the end of the week, and then Loomis picks them up. There is no hassle. All I hear him say is that "I'm too lazy to do this anymore, don't come back." First of all, I PAY for my dumps, a product that the bank offers to merchant accounts. Second of all, just because a new staff comes in, doesn't mean that you get to shut out previous customers. Third of all, I always make sure and take care of the staff for any inconvenience I might cause, even when I am PAYING for my dumps. Like I said, everyone was totally cool until this guy came in. I told him I was going to report him to the OCC, he handed me his business card and nodded. This is totally illegal on his part. Should I report him to the Federal Reserve, OCC, and to higher ups at Wells Fargo? I'm all too sure NOONE would agree with what he is trying to pull. I can work around this and find other dump banks, but I want to make sure he gets in trouble soley on principal. I have given the bank thousands of dollars in dump fees. This bank is extremely convenient for me, and I would hate to lose it due to one lazy SOB manager who is on a high horse.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This sounds like a problem for slim shady.

I would demand my money back. Those fees dont go toward the bank they go to the manager. Start screaming and throwing rolls that's what I'd do

Sorry to hear you are having trouble. My bank wouldnt accept 300.00 in IKEs they said they dont take them anymore and to put them in the coinstar. On there machine its says it will not take IKEs and i told her so. I tell her it is US money and says so on the coin ( I asked her if she was stopping taking US currency) about that time another lady walks over and says to take them.
Call on Mon occ and good luck buddy.
cooper

THE CONCLUSION

After finally getting ahold of not the regional manager, but the SECRETARY of the regional manager, she contacted the manager at the bank I'm having a problem with. She told me that there was no room to store my "volume" securely, even though I had no problem in the past. She then said she would find me another branch I could bring all the volume to that I wanted, and now I have to drive another 10-15 minutes away to dump at a bigger branch. I asked if I could still bring even just a few bags to my main dump branch, and she said, "At this time, no." What the H? Other merchants are still allowed to bring bagged coin to this branch but I'm not? All of my dumps now go through my business account instead of straight exchange for cash, so at the end of the year it's going to show that I've rotated some ridiculous amount like $1,000,000. Should I still take this up with the OCC?

All of my dumps now go through my business account instead of straight exchange for cash, so at the end of the year it's going to show that I've rotated some ridiculous amount like $1,000,000. Should I still take this up with the OCC?

On the positive side it could help with a line of credit without adding to your business tax liability.

They may be doing this to see if your story or the branch manager's story is true. As he might have said stuff contradicting you or that you are a pain. So if you just stay polite and mention this episode to the new manager after you get to know him, then it might have a funny ending.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back