What's new

Dump Half Penny & early (single spike) buckle piece...

Scrappy

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2014
Messages
9,215
Reaction score
14,047
Golden Thread
7
Location
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
7
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
So I've been painfully missing out on hunting due to life's obligations. Like Crusader says, "if you're too busy to detect, you're too busy"...or something along those lines.

So I got out today for an hour after work to a 1684 property that I've hunted many times. I've found many early coppers there including 2 William 3rd half pennies, a Woods Hibernia, and a KG1. Well add another KG dump penny to the list. Slow and deep was the game plan, and got this sucker at about 10".

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1475539215.950186.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1475539652.747103.webp

Most exciting find of the day was a buckle piece, likely pre-1720. I don't find pieces to these early buckles very frequently, so this is great...

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1475539265.989146.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1475539277.662645.webp

The copper cleaned up like dog**** but hey....

Here are the two William 3's, the Woods, and the KG in one handful. I can't find which other KG came from here in my display, so I left it out. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1475539588.733677.webp

Enjoy!

Steve
 
Upvote 44
Steve, WTG! Glad you got a chance to hunt. You did really well for just an hour. Great finds! -Lisa & John
 
Those are some great finds for a short hunt. Glad you were able to get out. Looks like some mean digin.

HH RN
 
congrats glad you got out to detect the weather is getting better here,snakes still out.
 
A highly productive hour Steve. Great job!
 
Nice hunt and finds Scrappy. Man you guys find some sweet early stuff up that way.. Would definitely make some plans to spend some time at that place.
 
Great finds! Nice post! I like the photo of the coppers reunited, congrats and HH
 
Nice hunt and finds Scrappy. Man you guys find some sweet early stuff up that way.. Would definitely make some plans to spend some time at that place.

Thanks. I've hit this spot quite a bit but it sometimes still spits something out every now and then. We've had some rain so I figured I'd have another go
 
Great finds! Nice post! I like the photo of the coppers reunited, congrats and HH

Thx man. I had to make this post interesting somehow, lol.
 
A highly productive hour Steve. Great job!

Much appreciated Joey. I was stoked enough just having that chape spike. Cheers bud
 
Nice melba dude, I rode out to a spot the other day on my way home to check out the field I found a Real in last winter, still has beans in it. But thank you God it's beans and not corn. I'm with Gary (WIF) Don't much feel like stumbling in the corn!
 
Congrats on the old copper and buckle chape
 
Nice melba dude, I rode out to a spot the other day on my way home to check out the field I found a Real in last winter, still has beans in it. But thank you God it's beans and not corn. I'm with Gary (WIF) Don't much feel like stumbling in the corn!

Melba is right Brad. And I'd definitely take beans over corn!
 
Killer finds Scraps!

Congrats on the nice finds. Best of luck to you and the BOBs.
 
Killer finds Scraps!

Congrats on the nice finds. Best of luck to you and the BOBs.

Thanks Tom, hopefully soon the foundations will open up with the cold weather, so we're coming into high season. Come up anytime - you and Steve.
 
congrats on your 2 GVLIELMVS TERTIVS, I only have 1, so again_____________y'all making me feel :censored:inadequate :BangHead::icon_thumleft::icon_thumright:
 
Digging copper is a crapshoot, never know what the condition will be. The bottom left coin in your hand is pretty sweet!

Congrats on your finds, and I'm envious that you have such a great old place to hunt.
 
Steve, man you always kill it. :headbang: Great finds for an hour hunt.
 
congrats on your 2 GVLIELMVS TERTIVS, I only have 1, so again_____________y'all making me feel :censored:inadequate :BangHead::icon_thumleft::icon_thumright:

No worries man, seeing the sites your on I'm
sure you'll score some more oldies.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom