Dump hunt w/ my new machine

Texas Yankee

Sep 11, 2013
El Paso, Texas
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Discovery 2 Radio Shack, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2 ES LTD, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After all the hype and a lot of convincing... I finally decided to purchase the Equinox 800. Donā€™t get me wrong, I love my AT Gold, but decided it was time to upgrade with the multi-frequency Minelab. My buddy Jimzz977 and Bob-E-Pin transitioned over and have been having a hell of a time with it that I decided it was my turn. I do have say, that the ā€œBeastā€ went out with a bang and is now semi-retired! It did its job from the first time we were introduced it has found at min a pound of silver comprised of silver coins, rings, military medals and pins. On Gold, it had seen better days with a šŸ– full of gold rings, but what it missed in rings it made up by discovering not one but 2! Gold coins... years apart! The first, a 1913 $5 Indian and recently a 1945 mex dose pesos. On its final day before retiring (semi) the beast sniffed out roundness, a big silver 1921 S Morgan! Good job ā€œBeastā€!

Yesterday after receiving the newbie and all the excitement, not to mention the sneaking around trying to ovoid the wife so she would not find out about my new toy, I decided to hit the dump. My buddy Bob-E-Pin joined me and didnā€™t take long before pulling out a nice target (dog tag). Iā€™m not going to lie, In the beginning it was frustrating, however, after adjusting and my buddy showing me what to look for I started to pull some buttons... so use to the Beasts tones that it was hard learning to newbie. Finally after fidgeting with the newbie, the good stuff started popping out. Had a great timešŸ¤™ still learning! Enjoy the pics!

View attachment 1678857 View attachment 1678858 View attachment 1678859 View attachment 1678860 View attachment 1678861 View attachment 1678862 View attachment 1678863 View attachment 1678864 View attachment 1678865

Upvote 4

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Like the coins but love the locks! Congrats! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread