What's new

Dumped in a slot machine?

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2007
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
2,078
Golden Thread
0
Location
CT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to dump my halve yesterday. First branch, the machine wasn't taking the halves. The teller tried working on it, to no avail. In the process, she emptied the inside reject tray which had two of my halves and a quarter. When she went to dump the tray of lint, something rattled around. She took this nice silver (.925) pendant with a red stone (ruby?) and asked if it was mine. Yup, uh-huh, into my pocket it went.

Off to another branch to finish dumping. There was a middle aged couple ahead of me, so I waited a minute. The lady complained the the teller that the machine wasn't giving a receipt. Well, the light was still flashing and she had to wait for it to stop to get the receipt. My first thought was "If they're too stupid to know that, then they probably didn't check the rejects either". I waited to see what they would do. they cashed out and left. Meanwhile, I started my halves in. Looked down and was like a kid with my hand in the candy jar. I was scooping out coins by the handful. Totals were:

8 Canadian quarters
1 Canadian dime
1 Canadian penny
1 Barbados quarter
1 Quarter from 1st machine
1 nickle
154 dimes
80 pennies
silver pendant from 1st machine

$16.50 US, $2.11 CN, .25 Barbados
 

Attachments

  • coin machine finds.webp
    coin machine finds.webp
    53.1 KB · Views: 494
  • coin machine finds 925 ruby pendant.webp
    coin machine finds 925 ruby pendant.webp
    23.7 KB · Views: 484
Upvote 0
8 Canadian quarters
1 Canadian dime
1 Canadian penny
1 Barbados quarter
1 Quarter from 1st machine
1 nickle
154 dimes
80 pennies
silver pendant from 1st machine

$16.50 US, $2.11 CN, .25 Barbados
holy s#^!...how big is that reject bin....most banks i go to they would have spilled onto the floor
 
That is a mucho suweet haul amigo :thumbsup: I'd take the stone to a jeweler, it could be a garnet or synthetic ruby. ;D Nothing like some free dough :icon_sunny:
 
Mistergee, if any more had rejected, they would've spilled. And then I probably wouldn't have gotten any.
 
Looks like a rhodolite Garnet for the pendant, if its .925 that's usually what will be in there. I am guessing its a 6x4 or 7x5mm stone.
If it were a ruby it would have been set into white gold.
Still its silver!
 
my jaw just hit the floor, that is stellar both on your part and theirs. Yours for looking, and thiers for not looking.
 
Bad karma on the theft of the coins in the reject tray from the old folks. Tsk Tsk shame on you...... It's called CR Hunting now CR stealing
 
coinmojo said:
Bad karma on the theft of the coins in the reject tray from the old folks. Tsk Tsk shame on you...... It's called CR Hunting now CR stealing

I didn't look until they walked out the door. I gave them plenty of time to come back, just in case. Once out the door, it was mine. And they weren't old, just stupid. Besides, If two people together can't read the directions or hear the coins in the tray, their loss. Besides, for all I know, the rejects were there from a previous person and not the couple in front of me.
 
TooManyHobbies said:
coinmojo said:
Bad karma on the theft of the coins in the reject tray from the old folks. Tsk Tsk shame on you...... It's called CR Hunting now CR stealing

I didn't look until they walked out the door. I gave them plenty of time to come back, just in case. Once out the door, it was mine. And they weren't old, just stupid. Besides, If two people together can't read the directions or hear the coins in the tray, their loss. Besides, for all I know, the rejects were there from a previous person and not the couple in front of me.
They could have been from one or ten people ahead of them. Anything left in the reject tray is fair game. I wouldn't call it stealing.
 
not stealing....just laziness on thier part...the machines i go to tell you aloud to check the reject tray for valuables and i always find stuff...shame on them....
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom