What's new

Dumping loose coin - no coin counters in my area

cdickrun64

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2009
Messages
945
Reaction score
724
Golden Thread
0
Location
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
My eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do any of you guys dump loose coin? From my conversations with tellers, it sounds like the coin companies want halves returned loose in $1,000 bags. Does anyone do this?
 
Upvote 0
I need to look harder for a coin counter, would cut time in half or so, because re rolling nickles and pennies or coins for that matter takes extra time and effort that could be spent hunting.

Also, I tried to spend $6 in nickle rolls and the lady said I had to dump them in the coin counting machine. My $6 was now worth $5.52,(8%) , but I was already at the store and wanted to go ahead and buy the six pack, I figured $1 to beer wasn't so bad.
But like, not accepting a measly # nickle rolls! Cmon companies you're getting lazy. And you could be passing up rare coins by not acceptign rolls as payment.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom