Dunno if I have the right forum, BUT, Garrett Pro-Pointer...

lennon631

May 3, 2010
Long Island NY
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Garrett ProPointer
I recieved my Garrett Pro-Pointer yesterday, and got to use it this morning. The thing is REDICulously cool and Da-Bomb! It works SO great! I picked up a signal with my M6 and broke out the pointer. It not only cuts your digging and time in half, I was laughing because at the base of a tall oak, I didnt pick my machine up for the next three or four digs! The pointer was going off all over the place and grabbed a pocket spill of clad, and several other coins in a four foot radius. Can't compare to any other pointer, cuz its the first and only one that I ever had, but my two cents is "Get One"!

Upvote 0

kando

Nov 14, 2008
,U.S.A. almost in Canada
Detector(s) used
....Tesoro conquistador , minelab sovereign
I heard that the sunray was not as deep as the Garrett Pro Pointer plus you have a extra cable to drag around with you. And you can use the Garrett with any detector and the Sunray only works with the detector you get it for. I would pick the garrett over the sunray

Attachments

• b39f_35.jpg
    b39f_35.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 553

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kando said:
I heard that the sunray was not as deep as the Garrett Pro Pointer plus you have a extra cable to drag around with you. And you can use the Garrett with any detector and the Sunray only works with the detector you get it for. I would pick the garrett over the sunray

Well I've heard the Sunray pinpoints in discrimination which makes it just like a small detetor, and it attaching to your detector makes it easy to grab, and impossible to lose. :thumbsup: I think I'd take the Sunray.

kando

Nov 14, 2008
,U.S.A. almost in Canada
Detector(s) used
....Tesoro conquistador , minelab sovereign
Extra cable to drag around get stuck on brush makes your detector weight more .Give me the garrett

Attachments

• sunray-yf1-probe2-150.jpg
    sunray-yf1-probe2-150.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 592

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kando said:
Extra cable to drag around get stuck on brush makes your detector weight more .Give me the garrett

Lose the Garrett in the brush... then no more pinpointer. I'll take the Sunray. (and know where it always is - on my detector)

m bryan

Jun 12, 2010
east texas
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000 and Garrett 300 Teknetics T2 Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How deep will the Pro Pointer detect a target?

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Garrett and the Sunray are both great pinpoiniers. I own 2 Garrett Pro Pointers. I'll take a beer :occasion14: and follow this thread . :read2:

OP
OP
lennon631

lennon631

May 3, 2010
Long Island NY
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Garrett ProPointer
LOL, I didn't mean to start a debate/argument :laughing9:! ANYway, I don't know any other pinpointer and bought the Garrett Pro based on all the raves it got right here on TNET, soooooo, thank you all for your revues.
P.S. the co. I bought it from and the salesperson, who also is a detectorest, said and I quote "The Garrett Pro-Pointer is the bomb"!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
The Garrett pro pointer picks up a dime at 3/4 " by actual air test video here on T-NET. It also cost $130. The HF pinpointer picks up a dime at the same distance and cost $16.99!

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Garrett Pin pointer also can detect coins on the ide which makes it nice it you are in sand and you need to sweep thur your pile of sand. I love mine.....Matt

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
My surfmaster PI gets me close enough in sand that I just scoop it up. No pinpointer required!

Canman

Dec 6, 2009
Scottsboro AL
Detector(s) used
Omega8000, Silver Umax
I had a Sunray on a F70 ,I like the Pro-pointer better .With the Sunray on the F70 with the sens turned up ,when I plugged the target the Sunray would pick up the target right at the month of the hole,making it harder to pp.The Pro-pointer goes right down in the hole and pps right on the target .

AUDuke

Apr 20, 2008
Quartzsite AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI, GB, GM-4, Vaquero, F75, Cibola, Compadre, Stingray, ML Explorer
The Uni-probe detects deeper than any other pinpointer.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AUDuke said:
The Uni-probe detects deeper than any other pinpointer.

But it's all-metal and extra depth would often hurt you more than it helps being confused by multiple targets.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I guess it is just what each person likes ...That's why there are many to choose from..... :headbang:

Attachments

• 73.gif
    73.gif
    35.7 KB · Views: 434
  • 73.gif
    73.gif
    35.7 KB · Views: 414

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've always been a believer in, IF YOU LIKE IT, USE IT. However, granted that the Sunray needs to be mounted on my MXT, I can't accidentally leave it behind that way and I'll guarantee that I'm getting more depth than the Propointer does. That said, the Propointer is on my list when the budget allows to carry along with several of my other detectors as it certainly is a very usable pinpointer.
luvsdux

2bits

Nov 19, 2009
Detector(s) used
One to many
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A&S Co. online sells the pro pointer for $105. I wouldn't be without mine!
Doc

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have owned and used 7 pointers. A Whites Bullseye, Sunray, Automax V4, Treasure Mate, Centech, Whites Bullseye II, Garrett Pro Pointer, in that order. I used the first (Bullseye)for a long time.

Did not like the Sunray with my Whites IDX Pro. Kept forgetting to switch back to the detector coil. Sunray owners know what i am talking about. It also chattered sometimes when switching between coil and probe. The weight did not bother me. Kept both Whites, the Centech (great for the $16 price). But my main one is now the Garrett Pro Pointer. I don,t leave home with out it.

By the way almost no one uses pinpointer water detecting anyway.
1. Most are not water proof.
2. You probably don,t have time if in the ocean, before waves will knock you off the target and long handled sand scoop make for quick digging and can be very large, ie. no need for a pin pointer.

Ed D.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread