Dutchman Ore

Matthew Roberts

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2013
Paradise Valley, Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Matchbox  Gold.jpg

There is very little of true Dutchman ore available today. The Matchbox (shown above) is one of the most notable examples. Dutchman ore is unique as it is composed of a blend of metal, mineral and quartz like almost no other mine known in Arizona. I am no geologist and know only what I've been able to pick up and learn concerning rocks and minerals. I have been fortunate in that I have had unlimited access to the remaining Dutchman ore samples, cuff links, stickpin and the Matchbox. I've seen the results of the examinations and tests done on the remaining Dutchman ore samples. The single unique and rare thing about the Dutchman ore is it contains a variety of minerals, quartz and metals in a mixture, but most importantly the presence of both Gold and Silver in their native form, together. Gold and Silver can be found together in many mines but almost always as sulfates, chlorides or bromides. Gold and Silver in their native form is so rare, few mines can boast of this phenomenon. On the top row of the Matchbox, the white quartz triangle on the right shows this rare occurance of native Gold and native Silver together and in a beautiful stringer effect. There is one other place on the Matchbox this can be seen , on the opposite side. The Gold in the Matchbox does not bond or alloy with the Silver, they are separate yet entwined together.

Dutchman Gold Ring.jpg

The Gold ore sample ( shown above ) is not only beautiful, but rare and unique. It is a composition of native Gold and native Silver entwined together. The Gold and Silver form a beautiful stringer effect, very rare and unique. This particular Gold ore sample has been tested, not once, but 3 separate times by 3 separate examiners. All 3 examinations returned the same precise results. This Gold sample was compared to 2 separate examinations done on the Matchbox, and in every detail, mineral, metal and quartz, the 2 samples match each other. In fact, under magnification, if you took the white triangle inlay on the Matchbox, and look at it side by side with the Gold ore sample in the second photo, it matches so perfectly it looks as if the jeweler broke the 2 pieces in half and used one for the Matchbox inlay. This particular Gold sample has a long and interesting history much like the Gold samples in the Matchbox.

Gold and Silver ore Best.jpg

This magnified photo shows the stringer effect when gold and silver form together in an ore, but do not bond or alloy with each other. They are completely separate metals. Beautiful as well as rare and unique.

Matthew K. Roberts

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
View attachment 805613

There is very little of true Dutchman ore available today. The Matchbox (shown above) is one of the most notable examples. Dutchman ore is unique as it is composed of a blend of metal, mineral and quartz like almost no other mine known in Arizona. I am no geologist and know only what I've been able to pick up and learn concerning rocks and minerals. I have been fortunate in that I have had unlimited access to the remaining Dutchman ore samples, cuff links, stickpin and the Matchbox. I've seen the results of the examinations and tests done on the remaining Dutchman ore samples. The single unique and rare thing about the Dutchman ore is it contains a variety of minerals, quartz and metals in a mixture, but most importantly the presence of both Gold and Silver in their native form, together. Gold and Silver can be found together in many mines but almost always as sulfates, chlorides or bromides. Gold and Silver in their native form is so rare, few mines can boast of this phenomenon. On the top row of the Matchbox, the white quartz triangle on the right shows this rare occurance of native Gold and native Silver together and in a beautiful stringer effect. There is one other place on the Matchbox this can be seen , on the opposite side. The Gold in the Matchbox does not bond or alloy with the Silver, they are separate yet entwined together.

View attachment 805617 Looks pretty close to my picture.

The Gold ore sample ( shown above ) is not only beautiful, but rare and unique. It is a composition of native Gold and native Silver entwined together. The Gold and Silver form a beautiful stringer effect, very rare and unique. This particular Gold ore sample has been tested, not once, but 3 separate times by 3 separate examiners. All 3 examinations returned the same precise results. This Gold sample was compared to 2 separate examinations done on the Matchbox, and in every detail, mineral, metal and quartz, the 2 samples match each other. In fact, under magnification, if you took the white triangle inlay on the Matchbox, and look at it side by side with the Gold ore sample in the second photo, it matches so perfectly it looks as if the jeweler broke the 2 pieces in half and used one for the Matchbox inlay. This particular Gold sample has a long and interesting history much like the Gold samples in the Matchbox.

View attachment 805619

This magnified photo shows the stringer effect when gold and silver form together in an ore, but do not bond or alloy with each other. They are completely separate metals. Beautiful as well as rare and unique.

Matthew K. Roberts

Kraig,

Very nice pictures. Just wanted to let you know that it's OK for you to use my picture of Bob Corbin's ring, at least I think it's my picture.:dontknow:

Take care,

Joe

Last edited:

Dirty Dutchman

Dec 27, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
My Brain
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pics Matthew. It's cool you have access to the specimens. Something I wish I could see someday. Jim Hatt told me that he got to hold it for a TV show (Unsolved Mysteries?). I told him I was a bit jealous of that... LOL.

Keep the info coming!

Thanks,
Travis

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Mr. Roberts,

For showing us real believable evidence. Just for that, if you will pm me your email, I will show you beyond a doubt, the date of the PSM's . I don't have the documents, but if you don't have them, I will tell you where to find them. It will also show what is at the end of the trail.

Homar

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Mr. Roberts,

For showing us real believable evidence. Just for that, if you will pm me your email, I will show you beyond a doubt, the date of the PSM's . I don't have the documents, but if you don't have them, I will tell you where to find them. It will also show what is at the end of the trail.

Homar

Well Homar

You've been holding out huh! Tempting me with that loveable mule of yours and tainted sock coffee, Well I'll take you up on that offer. See I don't know when the psm's were made but I do know what they do, What they do is amazing and I have lots of pics, You'll have a hard time crasping on the whole concept of what they do, You will not be wanting.

So here it is [email protected]

Wrmickel1

OP
OP
Matthew Roberts

Matthew Roberts

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2013
Paradise Valley, Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dutchman Gold for assay .jpg

Above photo, the second piece from the left is the sample piece you see in the ring.

These 5 sample pieces were sent for testing and comparison, 3 were destroyed in testing and assay, 2 were non-destruct tested, analyzed and returned.
The 5 pieces were selected as representative of the whole showing the range from richest to poorest and including the range of minerals, metals and quartz.
The results showed all the pieces matched and were from the same deposit/mine/event.

5 more similar pieces were sent to a separate assay/analysis, 4 of those pieces were destroyed in testing and 1 returned.
All 10 sample pieces matched and originated from the same deposit/mine/event.

Matthew K. Roberts

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Homar

You've been holding out huh! Tempting me with that loveable mule of yours and tainted sock coffee, Well I'll take you up on that offer. See I don't know when the psm's were made but I do know what they do, What they do is amazing and I have lots of pics, You'll have a hard time crasping on the whole concept of what they do, You will not be wanting.

So here it is [email protected]

Wrmickel1

I don't know how you would confuse me with Don Jose, he's the one with the mule, and he got the coffee recipe from Oroblanco. My offer however was for Mr. Roberts, for showing real proof about the ring.

Homar

p.s. I never figured you to be tempted by a mule. :dontknow:

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I thought I heard or read that if you can identify the metals, materials in the gold matrix, ect, that you could pin point the area with in a mile or less.
If that is true, where do these specimens come from.
Unless the mine has already been found, and cleaned out as I think.
Or buried under canyon lake.
I will have to get the book from the library and read that again.
About canyon ;lake.

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know how you would confuse me with Don Jose, he's the one with the mule, and he got the coffee recipe from Oroblanco. My offer however was for Mr. Roberts, for showing real proof about the ring.

Homar

p.s. I never figured you to be tempted by a mule. :dontknow:

Homar
:BangHead:
I was just throwing out a Joe- mo -ment.

Wrmickel1

OP
OP
Matthew Roberts

Matthew Roberts

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2013
Paradise Valley, Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought I heard or read that if you can identify the metals, materials in the gold matrix, ect, that you could pin point the area with in a mile or less.
If that is true, where do these specimens come from.
Unless the mine has already been found, and cleaned out as I think.
Or buried under canyon lake.
I will have to get the book from the library and read that again.
About canyon ;lake.

roadrunner,

You bring up an excellent point and with it a perplexing mystery.
With today's technology experts should (in most cases) be able to pinpoint the mineralogy of most known ore deposits to an 80-90% accuracy .
Where do these specimines come from ? The mine these specimines came from is unknown and has not yet been located in or around the area the specimines were discovered. The mine may very well have been found, cleaned out and at the bottom of Canyon Lake. Nothing can be ruled out as a posibility. Or it could be buried nearby and still contain valuable metals. Extensive searches to find the mine have so far, come up blank.
Several of Central Arizona's and southern California's top geologists including Michael Sheridan, Martin Stout and Horace Coggins have been enlisted to try and match the ore to a specific mine or known ore bearing area (in and outside Arizona) with all efforts ending at a dead end.

Gold samples same mine 50.jpg

Part of the problem as shown in the above photo is (contrary to popular belief) a single mine can contain a WIDE range of minerology with varying minerals, metals and quartz matrix. All of the samples in the photo are from the same mine yet show a wide spectrum of composition. Mines like these can rarely be pinpointed accurately.

Dutchman ore Matchbox reverse.jpg

This photo is the Dutchman Ore Matchbox reverse side from a previous photo I posted. It is not the best photo but does illustrate the varying quartz from dark grey to bright white and several ranges in between. A diversion from the common belief all Dutchman ore is in rose colored quartz (which is also contained in the Matchbox in various places). One detailed look at the Matchbox under magnification would change most peoples conception of what Dutchman ore is and how easy it might be to find, or at least identify the mine from which it orignated.

Matthew K. Roberts

Last edited:

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Homer, have you SEEN her ??? ??? if so you would readily understand. :laughing7::occasion14:

Don Qrmickle1 de La superstitions has excellent taste.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Compadrito,

I hope that the Lupita you refer to, which gives you sensations like wanting to stand up from the "maca" when you see her swinging her tail in the patio...., no Compadre, please don't tell me she is one and the same.???

Lately we have been sharing faces, why don't you introduce us to this wonderful mule of yours, and we can judge for ourselves.

Muleless in Texas

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Homaricito, mi compadre. Lupita is my extremely sexy maid with a fascinating wriggle and has cute dimples, My mulsita is another matter.

As for posting her picture, no way she is extremely shy.

k, it is time for you to give us the secret of the LDM,or I will call our friend BB back.

Don Jose de La Mancha

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Homaricito, mi compadre. Lupita is my extremely sexy maid with a fascinating wriggle and has cute dimples, My mulsita is another matter.

As for posting her picture, no way she is extremely shy.

k, it is time for you to give us the secret of the LDM,or I will call our friend BB back.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Amigis,

I understand shyness, and won't insist to see your mula, but please do present Lupita to your Compis. I have a weakness for cute dimples.

I hope you are not just teasing me about bringing our friend BB back. I do miss him telling Joe that he dagger does not point north lol.

Mr. Roberts,

I hope you will excuse us for getting off topic.

I can't remember where, or who started the rose quartz description of part of the vein, but it sure looks like you debunked that one. Thanks again.

Homar

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
@ Matthew,
Thanks for your information and pics.
I was at the AJ museums website and it said on one of the pages that the ore from the Bulldog mine matched the Dutchmans ore with about 70-80 percent accuracy. If I remember right.
Is not the present owner, or previous of the bulldog the same person that holds or owns the matchbox, and maybe the ring.

Dirty Dutchman

Dec 27, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
My Brain
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amigis,

I understand shyness, and won't insist to see your mula, but please do present Lupita to your Compis. I have a weakness for cute dimples.

I hope you are not just teasing me about bringing our friend BB back. I do miss him telling Joe that he dagger does not point north lol.

Mr. Roberts,

I can't remember where, or who started the rose quartz description of part of the vein, but it sure looks like you debunked that one. Thanks again.

Homar

Homar,

Im going to have to disagree with you. A couple of those samples look like they could be considered "Rose colored". (In the picture that has several samples).

Im not a miner at all, but I have read that quartz that came out of the ground "pink colored" has been known to change color to white when exposed to the sun. I believe I also read that the matchbox had a "pinkish tint" to it when it was made, but has since turned white. I'm not sure if that's true or not, but it's what I was told.

Just my opinion.

Thanks
Travis

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I don't think I would trust a place that tells you something is genuine but is a copy
I agree.
But I dont agree with all these professionals saying they cant find 1 mine, or area that has the same matrix in the state of AZ.
I think these geologists, or who ever, is keeping the correct info for themselves.
So,anything thatwas left is gone, or is going as everyone is in this forum looking for it.

The only other possibility is the legend is fake,
or he brought it from California with him.
And just made fake trips into the sups, to pretend to collect his gold.
150 years, and no results, at least not reported results.

Last edited:

Furness

Aug 23, 2008
Lancs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amigis,

Mr. Roberts,

Homar

got to agree about BB it hasn't been the same since he and Lamar left the campfire, Jose don't have no Mule, it ran away just before last christmas when it saw jose sharpening his knife and realised there wasn't a turkey tied to a post in the yard,

Jose i PM'd you did you get it, ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread