What's new

E-Trac and Sore wrist, what to do?

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2011
Messages
3,983
Reaction score
2,246
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got up this morning with a really sore wrist after doing a couple of hunts yesterday with my E-Trac! Guess I will have to start using my Tesoro again for a while, it is definitely much lighter weight. Anyone else ever get this problem? And what remedy did you use ???
 
I would suggest giving me your E-Trac... your problems with it will soon disappear :D

One suggestion I have is to fashion a strap of some sort to go around your shoulders so your arm wouldn't have to bear the whole weight. I've never tried it before, but it could help... hope your wrist feels better!
-Guad
 
Could it be that when you are using the E Track you may be digging more targets rather than it being a weight issue?
 
Don't know what age you are but it could be a number of factors.
As we age muscles and stuff deteriorate. You could have strained that wrist, may have been the detecting, maybe you slept on it wrong???? You may have been out detecting and digging longer than usual.

You may want to ace wrap that wrist, use your other arm to swing, and get one of those "swingy-things" that supports the weight of the detector. And take something for the pain.

Even my M6 is starting to feel a little heavy now days and it's only 3.5 lbs as compared to my old 4900, which weighed 4.5lbs ! Strap 5lbs on your arm swing it back and goth for a couple of hours and tell me how you feel!!! Those work out people don't have anything on us!

If you find something that works let us know!
 
Don't know what age you are but it could be a number of factors.
As we age muscles and stuff deteriorate. You could have strained that wrist, may have been the detecting, maybe you slept on it wrong???? You may have been out detecting and digging longer than usual.

You may want to ace wrap that wrist, use your other arm to swing, and get one of those "swingy-things" that supports the weight of the detector. And take something for the pain.

Even my M6 is starting to feel a little heavy now days and it's only 3.5 lbs as compared to my old 4900, which weighed 4.5lbs ! Strap 5lbs on your arm swing it back and goth for a couple of hours and tell me how you feel!!! Those work out people don't have anything on us!

If you find something that works let us know!

Hi Ms, I recall now that had trip and fall a couple of days ago by an oxygen tube, broke my fall with arms, probably was sprained then but did not know it, detecting just aggravated it a lots is my guess !
 
I would suggest giving me your E-Trac... your problems with it will soon disappear
cheesy.gif

-Guad

Thats a funny one! Thanks for the replies all !
 
Don't know what age you are but it could be a number of factors.
As we age muscles and stuff deteriorate. You could have strained that wrist, may have been the detecting, maybe you slept on it wrong???? You may have been out detecting and digging longer than usual.

You may want to ace wrap that wrist, use your other arm to swing, and get one of those "swingy-things" that supports the weight of the detector. And take something for the pain.

Even my M6 is starting to feel a little heavy now days and it's only 3.5 lbs as compared to my old 4900, which weighed 4.5lbs ! Strap 5lbs on your arm swing it back and goth for a couple of hours and tell me how you feel!!! Those work out people don't have anything on us!

If you find something that works let us know!

Check my reply. Works great!
 
A harness will fix that problem. I have been using harness for almost 8 years now......






American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......
 
E-trac, Explorer's are all heavy,get yourself a swingy thingy and or a bottle of ibuprofen,take a couple of those with a cold beer and you will be fixed up! Good luck!
 
Also concentrate on using a loose grip on it.. I had the same problem from gripping it to tightly...
 
I find that arm soreness comes from digging and shoulder soreness comes from swinging the detector. I don't think the mixture of beer and ibuprofen is wise and most livers should agree :)
 
swingy thingy
 
HARNESS....

I have torn tendons in both elbows from swinging a detector too much. Essentially tennis elbow. I use the Pro Swing and it takes the pressure off my arms. I vary the way I hold the handle on my CTX and sometimes will even detect holding it with almost a flat hand against the handle. I have worn out my bungee at the connector, so I have tied 550 cord in a loop and hook that on the detector. Now, I cannot detect without my harness. More important to me than gloves. The Pro Swing probably takes 75-85% of the weight off my arms.


Oh, if you have torn something make sure that you massage it laterally against the tendons and muscles a few minutes each day in order to strengthen where it is healing.
 
Last edited:
I think I've injured my elbow now point man. Hurts like crazy in the inward swing towards my body. Bad part is I just sold my Proswing with my CTX.
 
I think I've injured my elbow now point man. Hurts like crazy in the inward swing towards my body. Bad part is I just sold my Proswing with my CTX.

Ugh thats a painful ouchie, hope it gets better soon for you Fletch! What are you using for a main detector now?
 
I've just started with a CZ-3D that I'm finding I really mesh well with. I've only had it a few weeks so haven't really used it all that much. It seems to be a great machine that loves coins and especially nickels.
 
Switch arms (assuming you have two).
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom