May 1, 2007
central pa
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, 11" & 15" coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey everyone,

vp here, for anyone interested, i compiled the digital ID responses for various targets on the E-trac

Nickels
11-12 Buffalo
12-12 Jefferson
12-13 Liberty
13-13 Shield

Other Coins
(FE numbers on the below coins range from 11-14 for clear signals, CO numbers are shown below)
22 Indian Cent (Fatboy)
23 Flying Eagle Cent
30-35 Indian Cents
36-39 Memorial Cents (Modern Zinc)
39 Two Cent Piece
40-44 Wheat Cents
44 Half Cents
45 Memorial Cents (Copper)
45 Most Colonial Coppers
46 Most Large Cents

34 Half Reale Spanish
37-38 Half Dimes
42 One Reale Spanish
44 Roosevelt Dime (Clad)
45-47 Silver Dimes
46 Washington Quarter (Clad)
46-48 Silver Quarters
47-50 Silver Halfs & Dollars

Notes
- For some reason, on edge coins respond with higher CO numbers and tones and lower FE numbers
example silver dime on edge 06-47, silver quarter on edge 04-49
- Cool thing on the E-trac is depth doesn't seem to effect the digital responses, these numbers basically hold
true from 1" to 12" (very cool)
- Again, these numbers are for clear signals - no other targets in hole

take care,

vp
www.Treasure-Valley.net

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1
Thanks vpone! Very concise list. This will be helpful when the snow melts. I'm already pondering some targets I passed up that may have been real treasure.

OP
OP
vpone

vpone

Bronze Member
May 1, 2007
central pa
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Brett said:
Thanks vpone! Very concise list. This will be helpful when the snow melts. I'm already pondering some targets I passed up that may have been real treasure.

thanks Brett,

I have cabin fever here bigtime and have been passing the time air testing and playing with E-Trac settings. last time i was out with the e-trac, the ground was getting hard so i left some targets that were deep and 'iffy but definately match up to silver - so i can't wait to get back out

take care,

vp
www.Treasure-Valley.net

lasttoknow (Tim)

Dec 5, 2005
Spanaway Washington
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac And Whites Quantum Pro
Thanks for the good info VPone. I'm seriously looking into getting an Etrac. I had to sell my DFX 300 and will be getting a replacement soon. I loved my DFX and was just going to replace it. But I started to look at the Etrac and I'm sold I think. How does the Etrac hold up? Just curious.

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1
lasttoknow (Tim) said:
How does the Etrac hold up? Just curious.

All I know is I love mine :)

I did just get a DFX though, and I love the weight and balance of it. So far I've only stumbled through one hunt with it so I can't comment much. The trigger pinpoint on the DFX is awexome though.

OP
OP
vpone

vpone

Bronze Member
May 1, 2007
central pa
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
lasttoknow (Tim) said:
Thanks for the good info VPone. I'm seriously looking into getting an Etrac. I had to sell my DFX 300 and will be getting a replacement soon. I loved my DFX and was just going to replace it. But I started to look at the Etrac and I'm sold I think. How does the Etrac hold up? Just curious.

hey tim,

the DFX is a fine machine - i also owned one a coupel years back, then an SE and now the E-trac - i've only had it for a couple months (and i've been under snow here in central PA) but from what i've seen so far - i can't say a bad thing about it - impressive machine and i'm looking forward to really running it thru it's paces in the spring

take care

vp

Sheldius

Mar 15, 2007
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Minelab E-trac, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never used a DFX but I can say that I'm very impressed with the E-trac.

I've gone to places I've hunted before, and I'm finding many more coins. And these aren't deep coins, only 3-4 inches.

Example 2 hours at park - 13 pre 1981 pennies, 3 clad quaters, 4 dimes. Total number of holes: 26!

Yes, I've had 75%+ success rate on last 3 hunts on my dug holes - in well hunted areas (and this is my first Minelab detector).

Only problem area I found was a local teen drinking area. The E-trac thinks crushed beer cans are coins.

Hope that helps,

Sheldius

sharpshooter

May 3, 2007
Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the list vpone.

I've had my E-Trac now for several weeks now; I'm very pleased with it. A friend and I both have E-Tracs and we've been hitting an old park that's been hammered hard over the years. We're making some real nice finds other have walked over.

One question: did you check the readings on a Morgan, Peace or Eisenhower dollar? According to the E-Trac emulator that's making the rounds right now, these come in at 1 or 2 FE with a very high CO reading. They are the only coins that seems to come in with very low FE readings of 1 or 2.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread