E-Trac or Explorer

King-John

Jan 14, 2007
Grass Valley, Ca.
Detector(s) used
E-Trac/X1 Probe, Whites 6000 XL pro, Ace 250,
nforest said:
Etrac!, i have both and after using the etrac, the Explorer feels slow. :icon_pirat:

If that was the only criteria then a Fisher F-75 would probably be the better choice. The Explorer isn't as fast because it's a better thinker. ;D

Iron Patch said:
nforest said:
Etrac!, i have both and after using the etrac, the Explorer feels slow. :icon_pirat:

If that was the only criteria then a Fisher F-75 would probably be the better choice. The Explorer isn't as fast because it's a better thinker. ;D

Way to go Nforest, now you have IP to contend with. By the way IP, Nforest is the one who bought my Expl 2 that I sold to get a Sovereign. :)

E-Trac, very simple to operate and about the best target ID going. I've used many machines but this is my weapon of choice. Fast processor. But the Explorers are on sale for the Holidays, $200 off ! That's a heck of a deal at $1098.95. Both are deep seeking machines and armed with a Sun Ray Probe you've got the best thing going. I made the switch from White's to Minelab in the year 2000 and have never looked back. Just sold a V3i I bought to test it against the E-Trac. A Great Machine but slow compared to the Minelab. Whichever machine you get it may take a while to get used to. Don't think it's going to operate like a White's it's going to be way different than the 6000.

HH
BB

Bedfordbob said:
E-Trac, very simple to operate and about the best target ID going. I've used many machines but this is my weapon of choice. Fast processor. But the Explorers are on sale for the Holidays, $200 off ! That's a heck of a deal at $1098.95. Both are deep seeking machines and armed with a Sun Ray Probe you've got the best thing going. I made the switch from White's to Minelab in the year 2000 and have never looked back. Just sold a V3i I bought to test it against the E-Trac. A Great Machine but slow compared to the Minelab. Whichever machine you get it may take a while to get used to. Don't think it's going to operate like a White's it's going to be way different than the 6000.

HH
BB

It's interesting the E-trac is that much faster.... it must really be different. I probably wouldn't be a fan because I'm much more about sorting out the mess of sounds with an explorer using my ears rather than relying on the detector processor to catch the good targets. It actually sounds like the E-trac is more like most of the other detectors out there and not an Explorer. If the price wasn't so high I'd probably buy a used one to play with for a bit.

IP
Ive had the ET since it first came out. I hunt by tones only and feel the audio is exceptional. I like the fact that i can adjust the audio tone to my ears. It does how ever give very good ID readings on both the graph and FE-Co numbers. The FE numbers seem to be more stable than many of the Explorers I've used in the past.

I hunt by tones only and feel the audio is exceptional.
:thumbsup:

Now for the :spam4:

I also like the tones better with the Etrac.
The recovery is a bit faster and the seperation is top notch....
Another improvement on the Big "E" is the lack of EMI problems,however all locales are different,so may not be the case in your area.....
Depth :dontknow:,seems equal

About all I have on the subject.. :tongue3:
Soup

It's interesting the E-trac is that much faster.... it must really be different. I probably wouldn't be a fan because I'm much more about sorting out the mess of sounds with an explorer using my ears rather than relying on the detector processor to catch the good targets. It actually sounds like the E-trac is more like most of the other detectors out there and not an Explorer. If the price wasn't so high I'd probably buy a used one to play with for a bit.
[/quote]

I may have not said it quite right, when I say "Fast" I was meaning the response time. When you hear the target you are about on top of it. With other some other brands of machines the faster you swing them the deeper they tend to go. If you are sweeping fast you can get a null then pass over a good target and never know it's there. With the E-Trac and even my XS a slower sweep gives you good depth and better target separation.

Bedfordbob said:

I may have not said it quite right, when I say "Fast" I was meaning the response time. When you hear the target you are about on top of it. With other some other brands of machines the faster you swing them the deeper they tend to go. If you are sweeping fast you can get a null then pass over a good target and never know it's there. With the E-Trac and even my XS a slower sweep gives you good depth and better target separation.
[/quote]Did you ever fall asleep waiting for it to respond?????????

My self i think that the Sovereign is as deep as the E-Trak..... It just don't have all the bell's & whistles ...Me i am not big on a lot of bells & whistles........... Some say that the E-Trac is the best detector out there................ But you see that is to them ................. But to me no it is not the best ...........I have used the Explorers & E-Trak....AND to me it has to be the Sovereign as the best or equal to the higher priced Minelab coin detectors...........And Minelab don't even want to sell the Sovereign for all there ad's in the treasure mag's you never see the Sovereign........... ??? Why ??? are they going to quit makeing it ?

Attachments

• !!d59UFwBmM~$(KGrHqQH-CIEsJ)wlqBrBLF+5ET(f!~~_26.jpg
    !!d59UFwBmM~$(KGrHqQH-CIEsJ)wlqBrBLF+5ET(f!~~_26.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 1,005
  • !!d59UFwBmM~$(KGrHqQH-CIEsJ)wlqBrBLF+5ET(f!~~_26.jpg
    !!d59UFwBmM~$(KGrHqQH-CIEsJ)wlqBrBLF+5ET(f!~~_26.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 1,001
Keppy said:
My self i think that the Sovereign is as deep as the E-Trak..... It just don't have all the bell's & whistles ...Me i am not big on a lot of bells & whistles........... Some say that the E-Trac is the best detector out there................ But you see that is to them ................. But to me no it is not the best ...........I have used the Explorers & E-Trak....AND to me it has to be the Sovereign as the best or equal to the higher priced Minelab coin detectors...........And Minelab don't even want to sell the Sovereign for all there ad's in the treasure mag's you never see the Sovereign........... ??? Why ??? are they going to quit makeing it ?

I am experiencing quite the opposite. I live in the Pac NW with horribly mineralized soil. Last night 2 explorers and an etrac kicked by butt. Not only did I contend with the horrible soil, but EMI which I couldn't resolve, and electrical interference from the etrac. I am beginning to think I should have saved for an etrac instead. The stupid vclip mount, necessity to hipmount and all of the above have driven me there.....

One thing i do know about minelab i have been useing them since 1992.... They talk about Garrett not comeing out with new detectors............. But minelab the Sovereign has never changed since the first one out........ the Excalibur has never changed .. yes a little but no not really...all explorers no matter what model & E-Trak are are all basically all the same detector...no real changes in any of them.........the Quattro is now called the safari............

Attachments

• bunny-dance.gif
    bunny-dance.gif
    16.5 KB · Views: 995
  • bunny-dance.gif
    bunny-dance.gif
    16.5 KB · Views: 1,006
dbsmokey said:
Keppy said:

I am experiencing quite the opposite. I live in the Pac NW with horribly mineralized soil. Last night 2 explorers and an etrac kicked by butt. Not only did I contend with the horrible soil, but EMI which I couldn't resolve, and electrical interference from the etrac. I am beginning to think I should have saved for an etrac instead. The stupid vclip mount, necessity to hipmount and all of the above have driven me there.....
There is no way.......

Keppy said:
dbsmokey said:
Keppy said:

There is no way.......

There is no way....WHAT? No way this happened? Tell me your rationale and I will reciprcate.

dbsmokey said:
Keppy said:
dbsmokey said:
Keppy said:

There is no way.......

There is no way....WHAT? No way this happened? Tell me your rationale and I will reciprcate.

I think he means you were probably just drinking too much or maybe it was a dream. ;D

Iron Patch said:
dbsmokey said:
Keppy said:
dbsmokey said:
Keppy said:

There is no way.......

I think he means you were probably just drinking too much or maybe it was a dream. ;D
NO NO it is the explorer & E-Trak users that have all those dreams.We know that the Sovereign will get the same depth .......

Keppy said:
Iron Patch said:
dbsmokey said:
Keppy said:
dbsmokey said:
Keppy said:

There is no way.......

NO NO it is the explorer & E-Trak users that have all those dreams.We know that the Sovereign will get the same depth .......

First of all, I don't own an etrac. I was using a Sovereign. Second of all, I don't drink. Third, I wonder if there might be a different in depth between the etrac and Sovereign with different mineralization in soils. I know for a fact that the mineralization here in Oregon is different than in the NE USA where you are

ive got the se cant say alot for depth yet but the se can sniff stuff out of iron in amazing ways if i use disk at all constant null due to iron go all metal ferrous lots of low burbs but then quick chirps slow down and do the wiggle and out come the goodies wanted etrac had the cash not in stock at time got se instead and not broken harted but still i just wonder a little?? but my se still rocks and im just learning this great big boy toy give me a hole season ill see then in two months found more old coppers then year with my xlt and found most were xlt went first also behind a dfx what more can say goods good se rocks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back