D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yesterday I was hunting in a closed school and had a funny signal that bounced from 12-46 to 12-13 and other 12 numbers so I thought a good bet would be a soda can or some iron masking as clad. I ran my pin pointer over the top of the ground and it beeped so I knew it was shallow. I dug a flap and I seen the nickel and then ran my pin pointer through the hole and got a signal and pulled out a quarter and a penny. Then I tried again and got another beep so I grabbed a handful of dirt and my pin pointer went off and I found a gold ring with large diamonds on it. My 1st impression was a junk ring so I put it in my pocket.

When I got home and cleaned it up I noticed a hallmark and it was 14k gold. This morning I took it to three pawn shops to ck the value and the 1st guy said hey this thing is valuable but it's to much for me to buy. I said what's it worth and he said if I could I would give you $1800 but I can't. So I took it to another and he said $1700 so I tried the biggest shop around and he offered me $1790 and I took it.

My E-trac paid for itself and then some in one ring. Lucky day for me.

Lucky indeed. Congratulations, and show us the ring! :occasion14:

Congratz on GOLD! Good job paying off your Etrac!

Nice payday, now keep finding !

Wow! Congratulations on the ring, and the Etrac payback!

Gotta love a hobby that pays for itself. :occasion14:

I learned my lesson about posting pics of finds on line or T-Net unless it is clad. It always seems some one local lost what I found. I gave up a sapphire ring about 3 years ago and was pretty darn sure it wasn't her ring but she described it to a T and dummy me I had described it to well along with a pic. So I gave it to her only to find out that she had never owned a sapphire ring in her life. I also know a guy that ended up in a squabble over an old ring he found on some property he detected and someone heard about it and claimed it was their ring. I may sound like a jerk but if it would have had some ID of some sort in the band I would have tried to find them. I returned a class ring a gal lost twenty years ago about 2 months back.

I learned my lesson about posting pics of finds on line or T-Net unless it is clad. It always seems some one local lost what I found. I gave up a sapphire ring about 3 years ago and was pretty darn sure it wasn't her ring but she described it to a T and dummy me I had described it to well along with a pic. So I gave it to her only to find out that she had never owned a sapphire ring in her life. I also know a guy that ended up in a squabble over an old ring he found on some property he detected and someone heard about it and claimed it was their ring. I may sound like a jerk but if it would have had some ID of some sort in the band I would have tried to find them. I returned a class ring a gal lost twenty years ago about 2 months back.

In order for someone to have any claim, they must be able to say where it was lost. No pics or worded descriptions should have location information.

It's a long shot, but did you show pics of the items at the locations they were found? if so, did you turn the geotagging off on your phone?

Congrats on that; these machines are supposed to pay for them selves, and after they do it is time to start shopping for a better model.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back