E-trac VDI #s question.

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Re: E-trac VDI #'s question.

Nup!...It's all in the tones, and both are just too close sounding to each other basically. No matter what the screen says it's what the tones say that count.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dano Sverige said:
Nup!...It's all in the tones, and both are just too close sounding to each other basically. No matter what the screen says it's what the tones say that count.

Since gold and platinum rings are alloyed with many metals the numbers can vary a lot. The conductivity is to close with most pull tabs and the orientation of pull tabs and rings in the ground also change the numbers. Why I don't waste my money on screens very much.

McDean

Greenie
Feb 14, 2011

Very good question and one would think the answer would be a definite YES, however it is my opinion that 3/4 of those segments are wasted. Think of a pulltab signal as a POTENTIAL gold target and you will get one eventually...

When in doubt, dig it out :-)

Digger

Mar 24, 2003
Dodge City Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, E-Trac, Makro Racer 2, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Honestly the 1750 target ID segments is a bit misleading. You can get pretty accurate target ID'ing from the CO numbers, but it is the E-Trac tones that is its strong point not target ID. The E-Trac really has about 51 usable target ID segments.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Pulltabs are not a constant target like a dime or quarter. They have changed shape and style many times over the years. They can also be bent or cut. You can get just the tails of old ones. So many variables makes it impossible to eliminate them without losing nickels and gold as well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread