What's new

E trac

Electricboy

Greenie
Joined
Nov 21, 2011
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Ogdensburg,NY
Detector(s) used
Etrac ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi I currently have a ace 250. From my research the minelab e trac looks like it would be the best bet. Has anybody used it? What are deepest coins youve found? Is there another detector you'd suggest? Thanks
 
The etrac is a great machine. The question is what are you looking for? Coins? Jewelry? If you are shooting for coins then its the best machine on the market in my opinion. I have used the Ace 250, Tesoro Cortez, Fisher F75, and the etrac. All good machines but the etrac is the one that I wouldnt part with. When I first started with the etrac, I was borrowing it from GOIO. He had his SE and my F75 was in the shop. It was set up in the factory settings. I changed it from multi tone to 4 tone and began hunting. I found 13 silver coins in a week. That doubled the amount that I had found the entire year. I never looked back and am using the same machine since 2008 with about 1000 hours on it.
Depth depends on the ground you are hunting. I have hunted great neutral ground and found pennies and dimes at 10-11 inches. I have hunted horrible ground and wasnt able to find anything deeper than 4 inches. The machine has great separation and its fun to use. TMAN...
 
Thanks! I plan on using it for coinshooting!! I've been watching YouTube videos and it seems like a great machine.
 
I work in a shop that has access to most detectors,have read 'til the cows come home on them all, and for coins...that is a major strong point for the E trac. If you see yourself doing jewelry a lot too....that is a strong point of other stuff.
 
I've been looking at new detectors for awhile and now it is just a matter of finding the extra cash to buy one. The two machines I really like are the E-Trac and White's V3i. Since my main machine currently is a White's I think I'm going with the V3i but I don't think you can go wrong with either machine.

Good luck and let us know how you make out.
NJ
 
Thanks my etrac should be here next week!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom