What's new

Eagle Head at old site

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2016
Messages
4,271
Reaction score
15,142
Golden Thread
2
Location
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hit an old site in the park woods this morning. Site is on 1860 map. Have found 1780’s Reales thru 1890 IHP’s here. Nothing modern, no trash other than brass shotgun shell ends.

Was working my new sifting program and got this eagle head deep in the nail bed.

Is this ID’able or dateable? Maybe flag topper or cane handle, or?
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1540652612.771719.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1540652623.819817.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1540652633.592562.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1540652645.471563.webp

Any leads on research links or ID help appreciated.

(Only military item found at this spot in W PA was a diplomatic button from 1800’s, other side of the park has sites with CW and 1812 war relics)
 
Typically if an Eagle is used on a Flag, then the Eagle would be fully or nearly full bodied with wings spread, so I am going with walking Cane top/handle.
 
Upvote 0
Typically if an Eagle is used on a Flag, then the Eagle would be fully or nearly full bodied with wings spread, so I am going with walking Cane top/handle.

i was thinking the same too
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
C75849DE-5895-4CBE-8977-DC6A600519D9.webpSaddle pommel is what I’ve seen them IDed as in the past.
 
Upvote 0
Nice find pay-dirt, Congrats!

But I have to admit, it makes me want to run for my strap! LOL

Best wishes!
 
Upvote 0
Nice find and nice ID
 
Upvote 0
Was a good luck symbol before Hitler started fooling with it! I've seen it on quilts made by the Amish.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom