What's new

Eagle medallian/jewelry/World Congress of Libraries?

DirtyMike

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2009
Messages
898
Reaction score
106
Golden Thread
1
Location
West Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, MXT, TDI, Tejon, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this at a old stone foundation. On the front above the eagle it reads "CONGRESSO MONDIALE DELLE BIBLIOTECHE ------?E DI BIBLIOCRAFIA". The eagle is clutching a book (maybe a bible) that reads "OMA MCMXXIX VEN??IA VII" and on the back there is a hook and it reads "S. JOHNSON MILANO" :dontknow:
 

Attachments

  • temp_name(18).webp
    temp_name(18).webp
    9 KB · Views: 241
  • temp_name(19).webp
    temp_name(19).webp
    13.3 KB · Views: 240
  • temp_name(20).webp
    temp_name(20).webp
    17.5 KB · Views: 235
  • temp_name(21).webp
    temp_name(21).webp
    14.5 KB · Views: 229
Re: Eagle medallian/jewelry/Spanish/religious? Id help...

I think it's the dangle from an Italian state medal...


CONGRESSO MONDIALE DELLE BIBLIOTECHE = "World Congress of libraries"
 
Upvote 0
Re: Eagle medallian/jewelry/Spanish/religious? Id help...

World Library and Information Congress

Different location each year.

http://www.ifla.org/annual-conference/ifla75/

Happens to be in Milan this year http://www.ifla2009.it/online/, but that's probably just a coincidence, and it was just made in Milan..

First one was in 1929 (MCMXXIX) in Rome, Florence and Venice (but not Milan)...
 
Upvote 0
Re: Eagle medallian/jewelry/Spanish/religious? Id help...

Montana Jim said:
I think it's the dangle from an Italian state medal...


CONGRESSO MONDIALE DELLE BIBLIOTECHE = "World Congress of libraries"
What would its purpose be?
 
Upvote 0
Re: Eagle medallian/jewelry/Spanish/religious? Id help...

DirtyMike said:
Montana Jim said:
I think it's the dangle from an Italian state medal...


CONGRESSO MONDIALE DELLE BIBLIOTECHE = "World Congress of libraries"
What would its purpose be?

I dunno.... Europeans made medals for all kinds of events, maybe awarded to participants or delegates, or just sold as mementos?

Just guessing... I can't translate the rest with the missing pieces.

Interesting information from aaaaaa too.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks for the help aaaaaaa & Montana.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom