What's new

Eagle what is it?

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
12,783
Reaction score
143
Golden Thread
0
Location
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dug today with the ba-zillion modern pennies and misc. stuff, we managed a couple intersting finds.
I detected with my police detective buddy Mark coin shooting some old house seats (foundations).
I dug this eagle looking item.
Any clues????
Thanks
 

Attachments

  • DSC00002.webp
    DSC00002.webp
    19 KB · Views: 299
  • DSC00003.webp
    DSC00003.webp
    30.9 KB · Views: 282
may Be a Flag Holder.

Looks Cool !
 
Upvote 0
Hey, wonder if it could part of a Victorian Door Knocker? Is it made of iron? Breezie
 

Attachments

  • EagleDoorKnocker.webp
    EagleDoorKnocker.webp
    3.8 KB · Views: 364
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • banjos%20006.webp
    banjos%20006.webp
    22.4 KB · Views: 261
  • 3-eagle-220.webp
    3-eagle-220.webp
    5.1 KB · Views: 357
Upvote 0
GREAT ID Ironspike! And super cool find M & M. Breezie
 
Upvote 0
I knew I had seen one of those before but couldn't remember what it was. I was told it went to a civil war period drum for the rope that held tension on the head. A cool find no matter what it is.
 
Upvote 0
I know this an old post. this is a banjo part from around the late 1860s to about 1889. I research and have been collecting antique banjos. one banjo I have was made back in the 1870s and has marks that tell me that it originally had these type of brackets.
 
Upvote 0
Great Id and post Well done
 
Upvote 0
Man Tommy can diggumup huh?...lol
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom