What's new

Eagle with 13 stars around it

Cajunme

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2004
Messages
70
Reaction score
14
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central, La
Detector(s) used
Fisher, tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is all brass.the eagle part is attached to the brass part that broke off. It broke at the rivet. It has a dempled background. The top part of the eagle doesn't seem to show a break point. Below the does show the break. Pics attached
 

Attachments

  • 20181206_212539_001.webp
    20181206_212539_001.webp
    435.2 KB · Views: 111
  • 20181207_120538_001.webp
    20181207_120538_001.webp
    279.2 KB · Views: 85
  • 20181207_120544_001.webp
    20181207_120544_001.webp
    259.8 KB · Views: 99
  • 20181207_120552_001.webp
    20181207_120552_001.webp
    248.7 KB · Views: 85
It is a vintage clock pendulum
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
If it was a pedilum, would the eagle be hanging upside down???

Tim
 
Upvote 0
It’s cool whatever it is, I like it
 
Upvote 0
My first thought was that it came from a leather strap-end? :icon_scratch:
Might've come from horse tack, it may be a broken finial off the top of a Federal Period clock case.

Whatever it is... it's a beautiful find! :thumbsup:

Dave
 

Attachments

  • 20181206_212539_001-crop.webp
    20181206_212539_001-crop.webp
    171 KB · Views: 85
Upvote 0
There were all sorts of Patriotic pendulum weights, and although I can't find one exactly like yours, I believe it is one similar to those on the Ingram clocks.
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2018-12-09 at 7.03.46 AM.webp
    Screen Shot 2018-12-09 at 7.03.46 AM.webp
    82.6 KB · Views: 76
  • Screen Shot 2018-12-09 at 7.04.16 AM.webp
    Screen Shot 2018-12-09 at 7.04.16 AM.webp
    76.9 KB · Views: 76
Upvote 0
There were all sorts of Patriotic pendulum weights, and although I can't find one exactly like yours, I believe it is one similar to those on the Ingram clocks.
Normally I would agree with you but the broken end doesn't fit your ID.(& not fixing scar on the top)
 
Upvote 0
Normally I would agree with you but the broken end doesn't fit your ID.(& not fixing scar on the top)

What do you mean by (& not fixing scar on the top)?
 
Upvote 0
What do you mean by (& not fixing scar on the top)?
Looked at it again, I assumed they were fixed on the top but it's the back we need to see, so it still could be correct, although it's missing a section at the bottom.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom