EAPG Greentown, McKee prescut & some similar age unidentified pieces

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT with 10"DD coil, Sun Ray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got these yesterday in a pallet, I'm not big into clear glass but the rectangle Greentown Austrian pattern dish is a pretty rare find & none have been on eBay anytime recently, it's 8 1/8" x 5 1/16", circa 1896-1904. The McKee Prescut clover/shell dish in the Fentic pattern is circa 1904-1929ish. A large 1942-45 FireKing Sapphire blue Philbe casserole baking dish (its 10.5" across) & looks unused. The rest I have yet to 100% identify so if you know what they are feel free to share that info! The square tray with shell shaped corners is really stumping me & the members on the EAPG identification Facebook page. It's also in fantastic condition, pix do it no justice! It's heavy & just brilliant clear looking. Looks like it could have been made yesterday it's in such nice condition.
DSC02865.JPG DSC02866.JPG DSC02855.JPG DSC02873.JPG DSC02874.JPG DSC02852.JPG DSC02863.JPG

Well there was more but the image upload quit working on me!

dumpsterdiver

Dec 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try not to forget us little guys once you sell it. :laughing7:

The books always say it was made in all these different colors but I'm always holding the clear one.

OP
OP
inspectorgadget

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EAPG SPIRAL DIAMOND POINT VASE RARE

as close as i could find to the shells

This is kinda closer (sort of same shell corners) but otherwise a pretty different pattern. Richard & Hartley Daisy & button with crossbars but I think we have come up with its newer than that by alot like prolly 40's or maybe 50's. It's not EAPG just as I first suspected. The $ in that set I pictured is in the Greentown Austrian rectangle dish, pretty rare in any color & there were 2 sizes, the one I have is the larger of the 2 sizes. Every other piece is about $10 + shipping
Picture 7.png

Last edited:

dumpsterdiver

Dec 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had the odd casserole dish go for more than I expected but I can no rhyme or reason to the buying.

I've come to a point where an abundance of $10 items is starting to drive me crazy. And I'm considering donating them back until I get more efficient with my shipping processes etc.

OP
OP
inspectorgadget

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had the odd casserole dish go for more than I expected but I can no rhyme or reason to the buying.

I've come to a point where an abundance of $10 items is starting to drive me crazy. And I'm considering donating them back until I get more efficient with my shipping processes etc.

Donate them? Box a bunch of it up & run it thru a local auction as boxed lots. I do this quite often, I sometimes take around 5 boxes of stuff to local auctions & average $5 to $15 per box (BTW right now is a great time as auction prices are high this time of the year). Now their not all filled with $10 items, maybe 1-2 $10ish items per box & the rest are $5 or under items, stuff that's almost impossible to sell other than at a garage sale.

Odd casserole dish? With FireKing it's all in the condition & age. I've always had good success selling the block letter (AKA early) FireKing pieces that are in very good condition. The ones that don't say oven ware, just FIREKING in fat block letters. The one I just got is a very cool blue color (you can't tell tho because it's sitting on a yellow blanket in the pic). Those are from like 1942-45 & the first group of fireking pieces at least to my knowledge.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread