pegleglooker
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Jun 9, 2006
- Messages
- 1,861
- Reaction score
- 238
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Banning, California
- Detector(s) used
- ace 250
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
hey gang,
I was wondering what is the oldest metal detector ad you have seen ?? I have 2 ads to show, the first is from the June 1953 Desert Magazine issue and shows what ads were like before " metal " detectors. The second is the following month ( July 1953 ) and shows the first ad that says " mineral detector " from White's and cost was $129.50. Anyone have anything else
PLL

June 1953

July 1953
I was wondering what is the oldest metal detector ad you have seen ?? I have 2 ads to show, the first is from the June 1953 Desert Magazine issue and shows what ads were like before " metal " detectors. The second is the following month ( July 1953 ) and shows the first ad that says " mineral detector " from White's and cost was $129.50. Anyone have anything else

PLL

June 1953

July 1953
Hence you hear of lots of caches being found by very primitive machines, because people were hitting ghost towns for the first time, with machines that couldn't find anything smaller than a jar-sized item 










