Early 1900s medicine bottle

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
Found this bottle. The cork is still in it and looks like it was broken off while they were trying to open it. It then appears as if the bottle was thrown aside when they couldn't get it open. No markings on the side but on the bottom is an upside down triangle with the letters "W" embossed over a "T" insed the triangle. On the left side of the triangle is the letter "I" or lower case "L" 90 degrees to the "WT" and on the right is an "H" 90 degrees to the "WT". Below the "WT" are the letters "USA". We didn't locate the older layers of of bottles (1850s-1900) but did get this while pulling early 1900s bottles medicine and liquor bottles. I assume it is some sort of early 1900s medicine bottle, but do not want to open it. I assume that having the conetents still inside makes it worth more but how much? So if anyone has any ideas...age?, value?, what was the stuff inside used for?
Also found are several milk bottles...8 one quart bottles 2X"Crocker Farm, Glenmont NY". 2X"Corning Farm, Glenmont NY", and "3X"Normanskill", 1Xgeneric with "Sealed 48" embossed on the front. 2 one pint bottles 1X"Corning Farm, Glenmont NY, and 1X"Brody's Dairy, Albany NY".
I assume that the the Corning bottles will be worth more as the farm that produced these was the farm of long time mayor of Albany, Erastus Corning. No pics of these, but I have attached two pictures of the medicine bottle

Attachments

• Bottle Corked.JPG
    Bottle Corked.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 352
  • Bottle Corked 2.JPG
    Bottle Corked 2.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 371

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Whitall Tatum Company, Millville, NJ . The mark which you describe dates c.1922-1938.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions