GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a chance to visit home in Southwest Georgia this past weekend for my third and final daughter's wedding. I had some down time while the ladies went shopping and revisited a late 1700s & early 1800s site that I've hunted for years while I lived there. In the past, we have dug copper arrowheads, gun parts, countless musket balls and other trade items.

About an hour into the hunt, I got a good deep signal that later turned out to be a copper ladle that was under the plow line. While chasing this target, I noticed that the soil was darker and contained burnt materials as well as some small pieces of Native American pottery. - Trash pit!!

To the side of my original target was a second signal. That turned out to be my first Cuba button. To be honest, I'd never heard of or seen this button before. After lunch, I returned to my pit and dug the second Cuba button. This pit ended up containing a copper rolled arrowhead, a flint point, hundreds of pottery shards, deer bones, a broken black glass pontil rum bottle and a hatchet. I sure miss hunting relics in S.W. Georgia but, I'll be back sometime.

Attachments

• Cuba Buttons.jpg
    Cuba Buttons.jpg
    432.2 KB · Views: 57
  • Lee Co. Ga. 4-3-2024 (6).jpg
    Lee Co. Ga. 4-3-2024 (6).jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 39
  • Ladle and Deer Bones..jpg
    Ladle and Deer Bones..jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 33
  • Lee Co. Ga. 4-3-2024 (4).jpg
    Lee Co. Ga. 4-3-2024 (4).jpg
    351.1 KB · Views: 29
  • Lee Co. Ga. 4-3-2024 (5).jpg
    Lee Co. Ga. 4-3-2024 (5).jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
  • Lee Co. Ga. 4-3-2024 (2).jpg
    Lee Co. Ga. 4-3-2024 (2).jpg
    831.4 KB · Views: 29
  • Lee Co. Ga. 4-3-2024 (3).jpg
    Lee Co. Ga. 4-3-2024 (3).jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 30
  • Lee Co Ga. 4-3-2024.jpg
    Lee Co Ga. 4-3-2024.jpg
    380.2 KB · Views: 32
  • Lee Co Ga 4-3-2024.jpg
    Lee Co Ga 4-3-2024.jpg
    399.8 KB · Views: 41
Upvote 11

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got a chance to visit home in Southwest Georgia this past weekend for my third and final daughter's wedding. I had some down time while the ladies went shopping and revisited a late 1700s & early 1800s site that I've hunted for years while I lived there. In the past, we have dug copper arrowheads, gun parts, countless musket balls and other trade items.

About an hour into the hunt, I got a good deep signal that later turned out to be a copper ladle that was under the plow line. While chasing this target, I noticed that the soil was darker and contained burnt materials as well as some small pieces of Native American pottery. - Trash pit!!

To the side of my original target was a second signal. That turned out to be my first Cuba button. To be honest, I'd never heard of or seen this button before. After lunch, I returned to my pit and dug the second Cuba button. This pit ended up containing a copper rolled arrowhead, a flint point, hundreds of pottery shards, deer bones, a broken black glass pontil rum bottle and a hatchet. I sure miss hunting relics in S.W. Georgia but, I'll be back sometime.
great saves. never heard of a cuba button but very cool, wtg

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions