What's new

Early Cuban Militia Buttons

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2011
Messages
6,153
Reaction score
7,991
Golden Thread
4
Location
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a chance to visit home in Southwest Georgia this past weekend for my third and final daughter's wedding. I had some down time while the ladies went shopping and revisited a late 1700s & early 1800s site that I've hunted for years while I lived there. In the past, we have dug copper arrowheads, gun parts, countless musket balls and other trade items.

About an hour into the hunt, I got a good deep signal that later turned out to be a copper ladle that was under the plow line. While chasing this target, I noticed that the soil was darker and contained burnt materials as well as some small pieces of Native American pottery. - Trash pit!!

To the side of my original target was a second signal. That turned out to be my first Cuba button. To be honest, I'd never heard of or seen this button before. After lunch, I returned to my pit and dug the second Cuba button. This pit ended up containing a copper rolled arrowhead, a flint point, hundreds of pottery shards, deer bones, a broken black glass pontil rum bottle and a hatchet. I sure miss hunting relics in S.W. Georgia but, I'll be back sometime.
 

Attachments

  • Cuba Buttons.webp
    Cuba Buttons.webp
    331 KB · Views: 160
  • Lee Co. Ga. 4-3-2024 (6).webp
    Lee Co. Ga. 4-3-2024 (6).webp
    33.5 KB · Views: 101
  • Ladle and Deer Bones..webp
    Ladle and Deer Bones..webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 113
  • Lee Co. Ga. 4-3-2024 (4).webp
    Lee Co. Ga. 4-3-2024 (4).webp
    249 KB · Views: 100
  • Lee Co. Ga. 4-3-2024 (5).webp
    Lee Co. Ga. 4-3-2024 (5).webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 97
  • Lee Co. Ga. 4-3-2024 (2).webp
    Lee Co. Ga. 4-3-2024 (2).webp
    725.1 KB · Views: 95
  • Lee Co. Ga. 4-3-2024 (3).webp
    Lee Co. Ga. 4-3-2024 (3).webp
    134.1 KB · Views: 101
  • Lee Co Ga. 4-3-2024.webp
    Lee Co Ga. 4-3-2024.webp
    257.2 KB · Views: 106
  • Lee Co Ga 4-3-2024.webp
    Lee Co Ga 4-3-2024.webp
    265.7 KB · Views: 101
Upvote 22
I got a chance to visit home in Southwest Georgia this past weekend for my third and final daughter's wedding. I had some down time while the ladies went shopping and revisited a late 1700s & early 1800s site that I've hunted for years while I lived there. In the past, we have dug copper arrowheads, gun parts, countless musket balls and other trade items.

About an hour into the hunt, I got a good deep signal that later turned out to be a copper ladle that was under the plow line. While chasing this target, I noticed that the soil was darker and contained burnt materials as well as some small pieces of Native American pottery. - Trash pit!!

To the side of my original target was a second signal. That turned out to be my first Cuba button. To be honest, I'd never heard of or seen this button before. After lunch, I returned to my pit and dug the second Cuba button. This pit ended up containing a copper rolled arrowhead, a flint point, hundreds of pottery shards, deer bones, a broken black glass pontil rum bottle and a hatchet. I sure miss hunting relics in S.W. Georgia but, I'll be back sometime.
great saves. never heard of a cuba button but very cool, wtg
 
I got a chance to visit home in Southwest Georgia this past weekend for my third and final daughter's wedding. I had some down time while the ladies went shopping and revisited a late 1700s & early 1800s site that I've hunted for years while I lived there. In the past, we have dug copper arrowheads, gun parts, countless musket balls and other trade items.

About an hour into the hunt, I got a good deep signal that later turned out to be a copper ladle that was under the plow line. While chasing this target, I noticed that the soil was darker and contained burnt materials as well as some small pieces of Native American pottery. - Trash pit!!

To the side of my original target was a second signal. That turned out to be my first Cuba button. To be honest, I'd never heard of or seen this button before. After lunch, I returned to my pit and dug the second Cuba button. This pit ended up containing a copper rolled arrowhead, a flint point, hundreds of pottery shards, deer bones, a broken black glass pontil rum bottle and a hatchet. I sure miss hunting relics in S.W. Georgia but, I'll be back sometime.
Nice!!! Congrats!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom