cwdigger
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Sep 11, 2007
- Messages
- 1,312
- Reaction score
- 11
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Greenville,NC
- Detector(s) used
- Whites TDI, Teknetics T2 Ltd, GPX 5000
- Primary Interest:
- Relic Hunting

bigcypresshunter said:I think we need to see the back, but you have me on ignore so you cant read this.
I think the ignore is an accident because I dont believe I ever spoke with cwdigger. umrgolf said:Definitely not a button, and not very old.. I've found 3 of them, and given the way they're stamped, early-mid 1900's is my guess... Not to mention that none of the 3 had any evidence of ever having a shank. They were very thin, stamped brass and very similar to modern "punch-outs"

Go to PROFILE (under the banner). Scroll down to "Ignore user options." There will be an Ignorelist of names. You should be able to add or remove.bigcypresshunter said:I thought it was a mistake lol.Go to PROFILE (under the banner). Scroll down to "Ignore user options." There will be an Ignorelist of names. You should be able to add or remove.
I agree if everyone is finding them then we should try to find out exactly what these really are. I suggest to start everyone post their finds front and back side too maybe and we can compare looking for any slight difference or clue.
cwdigger said:umrgolf said:Definitely not a button, and not very old.. I've found 3 of them, and given the way they're stamped, early-mid 1900's is my guess... Not to mention that none of the 3 had any evidence of ever having a shank. They were very thin, stamped brass and very similar to modern "punch-outs"
Its got to be older than you think, we live in very sandy soil and it takes brass a long time to get that dark green patina on it, capt. brad and sentenial also found one, and just like mine flat buttons and early coins where found at the same site representing that the item may be older than you think, not saying that you are wrong and I appreciate the opinion. There is no evidence of a shank but it could be the front of a two piece. If everyone is finding them then we should try to find out exactly what these really are. And I have no idea how bigcypress got on my ignore list and dont know how to take him off![]()



I think they are found at older sitesdaroofa said:Eberhard Manufacturing in Cleveland uses the "E in a circle" logo and they've been around since 1879.
...The logo is also seen on wrenches made by Eberhard for other manufactures.
but the logo is E in a circle like you said.bigcypresshunter said:Great pics! thanks. I can see now its convex.
cwdigger said:bigcypresshunter said:Great pics! thanks. I can see now its convex.
just like a button but without a shank?