Feb 27, 2016
Norcal
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II
XP DEUS
TESORO VAQUERO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was reading a local want ad yesterday in lost and found and a woman posted she had lost a very sentimental earring so I emailed her and told her I would try. Got up this morning and went hunting and searched for about three hours on a soccer field with no luck. I got in my car and was leaving and thought what the heck, it's Sunday and I've got nothing else to do. I went back out an decided to call it quits, just then I got a signal, looked down, felt around in the tall grass and there it was! Unbelievable, just when I was giving up! She was heartbroken when she lost it and was crying a bunch, she wears them everyday! They were a gift from her daughter and grandkids who's birthday happened to be today.

This is the picture I got to text her:icon_thumright: She left the other with me because the DEUS kept giving different readings so I used it to calibrate the detector, it came in reading in the 30's (14K) and I had the frequency on 18. I wonder how many of these I had been passing up thinking it was foil since I got the detector?!
IMG_1582.JPG

Last edited:

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good on ya for the find/return.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread