Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got out over the Easter weekend and gave my new XP Deus a good test on circa 1795-1830 tavern site that I have pounded pretty hard over the last few years with the F75 and AT Gold. I was using the Pitch program on the Deus and was able to pull out some deep buttons and coins from this cultivated field. The coppers are usually pretty toasted from this site, but the 1807 LC is about as nice as they get here and the New Jersey is at least identifiable. In addition to the large tombac and large dandy, I got another button that had some undistinguishable writing around the edge and what looked like a harp with a crown in the middle. I posted it on a Facebook group and eventually got a “probable” ID — a circa 1815-1825 Limerick Merchants button. The Limerick Merchants were basically the Limerick, Ireland Chamber of Commerce, founded in 1807 and chartered by King George III in 1815.

Here are the relics and coins I was able to pull out of the soybean stubble.
All.JPG

The two coppers
Coppers F.JPG

Can't see much on the back of the New Jersey, but Don in SJ believes it is a Maris 66
Coppers B.JPG

Here is the interesting button. Too bad ground action took it's toll.
Limerick.JPG

Here it is alongside the possible suspected actual button
Side by Side.jpg

EDIT: I am now having second thoughts about the ID on this button. The letters I can make out just don't appear in LIMERICK MERCHANTS. Here is a better pic of some of the lower letters.

DSCN3264.JPG

And finally, here are some dirt shots for those that like them.

New Jersey
Dirt NJ.jpg

Draped Bust
Dirt DB.jpg

Tombac
Dirt tombac.jpg

Dandy
Dirt Dandy.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 21

johnnyblaze

Silver Member