Easton Press Book Score At An Incredible Price...

leadnbrass

Apr 2, 2005
Shenandoah Valley VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't gone through them yet but learned here to keep my eye out for them. Driving down the road today and see a lady putting boxes of these in front of her house...as I stop at the corner she sees me looking and yells "they are free" if you want them. I was just going to post a curb alert on Craigslist.

Left over from yesterday's yardsale.

20141019_173719_zpsauywwvm6.jpg

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking books. What about Easton press is so valuable?
Good question. Maybe because they are leather bound with 22kt gold accents, collector's editions? I have no idea actually. They aren't old or anything. Looks like complete sets of certain ones are more valuable, plus signed ones of course. I must have missed the post on the value of these.

OP
OP
L

leadnbrass

Apr 2, 2005
Shenandoah Valley VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No clue why they are valued rather high...I saw a post here some time ago and they were mentioned. I always look for them but never found one until today.

Seems like most are $25 and up...many hover around $75-$100 and other well above that.

Paleo_joe

Mar 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are valuable because they are very high quality. If you love books, you love one with leather binding, high quality paper, etc. etc. I own quite a few that were given to me as a gift. They are simply a pleasure to hold. They are to a regular book as a Mercedes is to an F-150. They are also instant money on ebay if you price them right. You can see the value of the current editions at the Easton Press website.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions