Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I put on for 7 day auction . It had 50 watchers 256 lookers , 26 bids - at $110.50 . Just 2 days left . Ebay called last night . He was very nice , as I was back to him . An M1 A1 gun stock .
Aren't they bolt action ? So that is an assault weapon ? I see several like mine in the sold listings .
Oh Well . They pulled it .

Attachments

• arcade gun 045.jpg
    arcade gun 045.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 259
  • arcade gun 015.jpg
    arcade gun 015.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 254

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
unh no its a stock ..no bolt , no barrel , totally unable to fire anything in any way whatsoever ...the only possible way it can harm some one is if they beat them over the flipping head with it --which can be said of anything including a rock.. total morons...

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That sucks. Try again with new wording in six months with a buy it now option?

Sent from a spun out toilet paper tube (one ply)!

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got to watch out for those dangerous assualt stalks.

CA Gold Hunter

Nov 14, 2014
Northern California
Detector(s) used
White's TDI SL, Fors Gold+, Gold Monster 1000, 36" Bazooka Prospector, 30" Bazooka Sniper.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'd try gunbroker. Probly get more people on there looking for that stock and they wont stop you from selling firearms or firearm accessories like fleabay.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Last edited:

Spaceman Spiff

Sep 1, 2015
Texas
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably the fact that it's obviously a folding stock- that's one of the bugbears of the anti-gun types. They see that and think "Oh no, an assault weapon!" and thus they pulled it. It's less about logic and practicality and more about preconceived notions and appearances. Trying putting one of those double-sized Mad magazines or an Archie Double Digest up for auction and call it "Extended Magazine". They'd probably yank that too.

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
put the word "parts" in your title

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
an invisible rubber band gun is an Assault Weapon.

FL3HKH56COEP27QQ7V.LARGE.jpg

is the ammo

images.jpg

Illegal too if you label your ad Ammo for invisible Rubber band Gun ?

Last edited:

leadnbrass

Apr 2, 2005
Shenandoah Valley VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EBay follows the law of California in regards to firearms and parts. That stock would be illegal to use in CA.

i have several items that I've never been able to sell on EBay since the listing always gets shut down. You must be special, I never got a phone call:goldcoin:.

Back a few years ago when the semi-automatic rifle market was nuts I had a ton of Pmags that I tried to sell on EBay. Some listings would go to the end but mine always would get flagged. I found that taking the magazines apart and selling them as "complete parts kits" would sneak by EBay.

Just last week I tried selling a cap gun with a "homemade" orange tip in the photo...closed my auction though many were sold and still continued after mine. Some had no tip...go figure.

I have an old red dash emergency light (red) that I could get about $150-$200 for...been listing tha for a year...always gets shut down, though antique / obsolete emergency lighting can sell and this falls into that category...again...go figure.

just today I searched for tha light and tons have been sold and are currently listed. Though I know I will have mine shut down by tonight if listed now.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
other sellers might complain about yours to "block you" so their item will sell --folks been known to do stuff like that at times...

Jack873

Nov 13, 2011
Willow Grove, Pa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aren't they bolt action ? So that is an assault weapon ? I see several like mine in the sold listings .
Oh Well . They pulled it .

An M1 Carbine is not a bolt action rifle. It is a semi-automatic rifle. One bullet shot per trigger pull. "Assault Weapon" is a term that was coined by an anti-gun politician and today it is widely used by the anti-gun community or by somebody who doesn't know a thing about firearms because it looks "scary" and is a military style weapon. It also doesn't help that it is a paratrooper stock. Besides it belonging to a military firearm, the folding buttstock adds to the "scariness."

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
It was probably flagged and pulled due to wording in the Title or Listing Description, wrong Category or possibly because you did not exclude California and any other states where the stock is not allowed to be sold to. Although Gunbroker would be the best venue to sell it without any problems, you will likely get more for it on eBay and you just have to be careful how it is listed. Your' M1 A1 Rifle Stock appears to be the same as the one that sold for the highest price on eBay. If you can make out any markings on the rifle stock that identifies it to a specific Unit whether Platoon, Company, Battalion or Division, then these will help it fetch a higher price than most others sold or selling on eBay. Selling the item in the correct Category (Collectibles- Militaria) is also key to getting the Collectors of such items to view your auction for the rifle stock.

Good luck!

Frank

Last edited:
OP
OP
mojjax

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the pointers , Frank . How do you block a State ?

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
An M1 Carbine is not a bolt action rifle. It is a semi-automatic rifle. One bullet shot per trigger pull. "Assault Weapon" is a term that was coined by an anti-gun politician and today it is widely used by the anti-gun community or by somebody who doesn't know a thing about firearms because it looks "scary" and is a military style weapon. It also doesn't help that it is a paratrooper stock. Besides it belonging to a military firearm, the folding buttstock adds to the "scariness."
There are currently 1,430 M1 Carbine parts for sale on Ebay including a large number of regular full length stocks. m1 carbine | eBay Someone likely reported it because they have been brainwashed into thinking a piece of wood is dangerous and that's why it was flagged.

OP
OP
mojjax

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah , my listing was for 7 days , day 5 , I was removed . Next time will be for 3 days - Memorial Day - Holiday - Less people working at E .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions