eBay Case Appealed...And WON!!!

mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I was totally shocked by eBay. I had a case opened against me by buyer for a Bose sound system that I sold. Ebay and I both told the buyer to return the item and the money would be refunded about a week ago. This morning, to my unprepared horror, i'm notified that the case has been closed and the money has been taking out of my bank account, but I haven't even received the item back!!

So, I called eBay as soon as I could and told them what happened, appealing the case. They tracked the package using the tracking number the buyer provided and found out the item was delivered cities away from my house. Ebay immediately reversed the outcome and issued a full refund to me. I totally thought I was going to be screwed. What a relief! By reversing the decision, it blocks any feedback from the seller too, maintaining my top-seller status and 100% feedback.

Last edited:

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT with 10"DD coil, Sun Ray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be prepared... This will not always be the outcome, there are way too many ways for buyers to cheat the system & thus you & with PayPal helping them do it none the less! Be glad he didn't send a box full of rocks to you with tracking & you get it & then try to prove that's what he actually sent ya back. I'm surprised since it sounds like it was just misdelivered that they gave you your $ back! Surprised they didn't make you work it out with the deliverer & tell ya it's not their problem anymore!

OP
OP
mkulltra

mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know. That's why I was shocked. It was almost too easy. I was expecting to have to fight it out with eBay and UPS. Not sure if I talked to the right person, at the right time, in the right way or what. I'm just grateful that I can still buy gifts for my kids this Christmas.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats!...Im usally on the bad end of those...I had something similar a few years ago happen..If all else fails...Call your bank, they are Always on your side. My bank refunded me my money and I told them never to let Ebay/Paypal again

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread