Ebay Listing Accountability Thread

Good point. The thing that has made eBay so popular, or at least one thing, is the used and antique items. Another one could quickly come out of nowhere and take over.

Good point. The thing that has made eBay so popular, or at least one thing, is the used and antique items. Another one could quickly come out of nowhere and take over.

It sure could. When you stop and think about what makes up eBay , it is mostly just computer programs and some personal...aside from PayPal. It sure would be easy to use it eBay as a basis for a new model and improve and change it up some along with some marketing and boom, you have a heck of a business going. It seems eBay is trying to become like Amazon...

Sent from a empty soda can!

That is exactly what they are doing. I don't want Amazon though, I want eBay. I just don't understand why you would want to be the same as everyone else. I mean, unique items are what makes your business grow, I get all of the competition and everything, but I still don't like it.

That is exactly what they are doing. I don't want Amazon though, I want eBay. I just don't understand why you would want to be the same as everyone else. I mean, unique items are what makes your business grow, I get all of the competition and everything, but I still don't like it.

It's a matter of ceo's who are say Harvard educated and come from extremely affluent backgrounds and they have lost sight of what made eBay it always was after all the worlds largest garage sale...

Sold two this weekend...

Good job on the sales! I ran out of listings on Saturday. I'm trying to get everything worked out with my paypal so that I can open a store.

I listed 12 last night.

I got feedback today from a person who decided to leave me a neutral after the Jersey I sold for $12 was laminated instead of sewn letters. She bought it in December 27 and left me neutral feedback on May 4th. I instantly refunded her money to so she got it for free. So I blocked her.

I listed 12 last night.

I got feedback today from a person who decided to leave me a neutral after the Jersey I sold for $12 was laminated instead of sewn letters. She bought it in December 27 and left me neutral feedback on May 4th. I instantly refunded her money to so she got it for free. So I blocked her.

That really sucks. I wonder if you could contact PayPal and get reimbursed?

Yep, I knew crap like that would happen with that stupid long return policy.

Yep, I knew crap like that would happen with that stupid long return policy.

This kind of crap is why I am very straight forward and up front with no returns accepted. I know PayPal can force the issue but I would rather head off the possibility of a problem buyer and not make a sale than to deal with a low life buyer...

I do the same thing as well. I am missing my top rated seller discounts, but honestly, I really don't care.

Well this one she bought in December and I caught the error and I told her that I would send it to her and if she wasn't happy with that I would refund her. Of course she said she wasn't happy and I refunded her so she got the jersey for free now five months later she leaves a neutral saying it wasn't what she expected.

Well this one she bought in December and I caught the error and I told her that I would send it to her and if she wasn't happy with that I would refund her. Of course she said she wasn't happy and I refunded her so she got the jersey for free now five months later she leaves a neutral saying it wasn't what she expected.

Sounds like she's just a dishonorable dirt bag. If this ever happens to me I'll just refund and cancel the sale.

On a brighter note I sold one today bin for $99

I sold a lot of random computer cords etc. There was some coax, and several video/audio cords, so I put that in my listing. When she got it she was mad. She said that it had a lot of audio/video cords in it. She said it wasn't worth returning because of the shipping cost, and she just wouldn't leave any feedback. A few weeks later I had a neutral feedback from her, and she put 1 on all of my detailed seller ratings.

Glad to hear you made that sale DieselRam!

I sold a lot of random computer cords etc. There was some coax, and several video/audio cords, so I put that in my listing. When she got it she was mad. She said that it had a lot of audio/video cords in it. She said it wasn't worth returning because of the shipping cost, and she just wouldn't leave any feedback. A few weeks later I had a neutral feedback from her, and she put 1 on all of my detailed seller ratings.

Glad to hear you made that sale DieselRam!

People are weird with the feedback. I sold two wiring harnesses to one guy and did free shipping on the second one. Afterwards he leaves positive feedback on one and a neutral on the other and states in both that he is happy. I contacted him and asked if everything was ok and he said it was a mistake. So I submitted a feedback revision form to him and he just dropped off the end of the planet so now I have my first ever neutral feedback!!! Err!!! Lol!!

Wow... people are annoying to deal with. :laughing7:

I think I have got everything worked out with my paypal etc. to open a store. I think I broke the connection with the old one and have everything updated as far as payment etc. I'm going to wait until I sell something though to make sure.

Glad you got it figured out. Hopefully you sell something today to try it out!

Do you respond to somebody who leaves your neutral feedback? I was going to write them and say

"hi I'm surprised with the neutral feedback. You didn't act like it was that big of a deal and you got the jersey for free. Five months later after the fact I get a neutral? Accidents happen you know. Oh well, I hope you've enjoyed the Jersey have a good day."

Or should I just not say anything and block her?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back