dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Yeah, but I bet your sales value beats mine. :laughing7: Hopefully it will pick up for everyone.

Lol! It's possible, however in the last sixty days I've only sold about $220 with on eBay.

Sent from a spun out toilet paper tube (one ply)!

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
How do you pop the auctions out so fast? Even with the wording written up it still takes me forever.
That said, I got 6 auctions up today. 2 were items I bought yesterday!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
How do you pop the auctions out so fast? Even with the wording written up it still takes me forever.
That said, I got 6 auctions up today. 2 were items I bought yesterday!

If you use a smartphone it only takes a couple minutes per listing including takin pictures. The more you do the faster you get. Some items if the barcode is present you can just scan them and list them in 30 seconds using the stock listings. This is great for DVDs , video games, books

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
If you use a smartphone it only takes a couple minutes per listing including takin pictures. The more you do the faster you get. Some items if the barcode is present you can just scan them and list them in 30 seconds using the stock listings. This is great for DVDs , video games, books

I'm basically only doing jewelry. I am a perfectionist. I look up how much the item sold for. How many completed auctions there were. How many are up now, and what they are going for, so I can under-cut them. I have the same basically wording that I cut and paste, but it still takes me time to fill in the correct spots. Then there are the nights I take pictures. I take them until my phone dies.

I did mark almost every single auction down just now. I have a -$5, -$10, -$25, and -$50. I hope I get some good sales this weekend. I need to pay my CC bill. (I have to stop buying!)

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I'm basically only doing jewelry. I am a perfectionist. I look up how much the item sold for. How many completed auctions there were. How many are up now, and what they are going for, so I can under-cut them. I have the same basically wording that I cut and paste, but it still takes me time to fill in the correct spots. Then there are the nights I take pictures. I take them until my phone dies.

I did mark almost every single auction down just now. I have a -$5, -$10, -$25, and -$50. I hope I get some good sales this weekend. I need to pay my CC bill. (I have to stop buying!)

Do you go by the same seller name on eBay? I found a seller by that Id but no items for sale.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Listed 34 more... Listing on my site and my wife's. Selling on hers has really helped to build a savings account. Plus I can't buy stuff I want off eBay. She gets an email saying what I bought, I get in trouble!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Listed 34 more... Listing on my site and my wife's. Selling on hers has really helped to build a savings account. Plus I can't buy stuff I want off eBay. She gets an email saying what I bought, I get in trouble!

Are you selling same types of items on her account?

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you selling same types of items on her account?

No, like junk. Lol. Stuff I've had sitting for a long time. I'm going to put mostly jewelry on my site but on hers it's going to be toys, random miscellaneous things, antiques basically everything else. Just going to grab it off of the shelf or out of the boxes listed at $.99 and let it auction. There's something big around the corner coming up and I need to make room...

Mines going to be watches, jewelry, coins and higher-end things. I'm not sure if it looks cool but I don't like having gold jewelry and $10 hats on the same site. Not that there's anything wrong with that but I think it's just preference. Or my OCD[emoji624][emoji389]

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Yeah that makes sense. Can you pm me a link to the other auction ?

kali_is_my_copilot

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that's a solid strategy, Beachkid. My dad moved in with us recently and he's disabled and bored, I'm in the process of setting him up with an account & showing him the ropes. Between things sitting around here and the general constant accumulation he will have no shortage of tchotchkes/small electronics/NOS items to list. It also serves the purpose of keeping those things off of my eBay, as I agree that it looks better to have just fine/estate jewelry listed if that's your focus.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
How's everyone doing? Justin have you started full time yet?

I sold a small part yesterday, I'm down to nine active auctions[emoji17] I really need to kick myself into gear! I will list one tonight though...
Make sure you guys yell at me if I don't!

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Really slow sales month for me. Spent last weekend tailgating & then kayaking. Then spent Monday through Thursday camping at the beach. Too whupped to list anything today. Tomorrow is another day of tailgating & if the weather holds Sunday will be kayaking again. Don't think I'll meet my monthly sales goal for the 1st time this year. Guess I'll have to hit it hard next month to make up for being a slack a**.

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm down to 45 or so. I've got to get more listed. Justin is probably selling so many he can't get on here.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Really slow sales month for me. Spent last weekend tailgating & then kayaking. Then spent Monday through Thursday camping at the beach. Too whupped to list anything today. Tomorrow is another day of tailgating & if the weather holds Sunday will be kayaking again. Don't think I'll meet my monthly sales goal for the 1st time this year. Guess I'll have to hit it hard next month to make up for being a slack a**.

Hey, at least I'm not alone in slacking! Lol

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I'm down to 45 or so. I've got to get more listed. Justin is probably selling so many he can't get on here.

I hope he's doing awesome with his sales! 45? Heck I'm down to seven! But I did sell one this morning.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Ok, I just listed one!!!
Justin I need your help though, I have a pair of shoes and I'm not sure if there men's or women's. Does anyone know a way to tell?

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Do they button on the right or the left?
Jk. Idk.
Sadly, I had to put my whole store on vacation until Oct 7. I can't risk my top rated status, and yes, it does count against you if you don't ship out in the promised time. Too many days I won't be able to ship.
Now I have to promise myself not to buy!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread