Ebay Listing Accountability Thread

I've been pretty slack myself. Listed less than 10 things over the last week. Sales have been decent. I've been over my sales goal for the month since the end of the 2nd week & that kind of de-motivated me. That & I'm running out of "good" stuff to list, had our annual pool party this month & spent the last few days working a deal on a motorcycle. Hopefully there will be some decent estate sales over the next few months before it slows down for the winter.

My sales have been way off this month. But, I'm going to college so I don't need them too fast.

I just got a lead on a real silver utensil set for a $100.00 I hope it's still available and real silver!

Sent from a spun out toilet paper tube (one ply)!

Ok, bad news...it was already sold, and she called it bronzewear. Oh well

But on the brighter side I just sold some tire chains on craigslist. Was on less than a hour!

Glad to hear that DieselRam! I sold 2 more.

By the way, if you guys haven't checked out the storage unit thread you should, it is a cool read. It is either on the eBay section or the garage sale finds forum.

Will do. There's also a app for buying storage units

I've never been to a storage unit auction, but I always thought it would be cool if you had the room for the stuff.

It could be a great way to add inventory. If it were me I'd look for units with mostly boxes and not much large items like furniture.

I tried to get started in storage auctions a few years back. By the time I went to a few & had it figured out those shows came on tv. The very next one I went to the crowd had doubled and prices went sky high. Things settled down sometime in the last 18 months. I've been to a few but haven't bought anything. Since I closed my booth at the antique mall I don't have an retail outlet for large items.

There is a guy around here that buys storage units. He has several barns filled with mostly free items for a lawn sale! I think the good stuff doesn't make it into that building.

I would do the same DieselRam. Did you ever find anything trdhrdr007?

Still haven't bought a unit. Have been close a few times but got outbid. My town is small enough that the auctions don't come up too often & people in the biz are willing to pay more for the units with furniture than I am.

I'm still buying estates when I can. Meeting a woman today who inherited a bunch of stuff a couple months ago. She was telling a friend of mine that she had been opening boxes...digging halfway to the bottom.....& then throwing out the whole box. He told her to stop doing that and contacted me. Hopefully she hasn't thrown out all the good stuff & kept the crap. I run into that on a regular basis. People will have 2 piles of stuff. One is what they think is the "good" stuff & the other is the "crap". Almost every time the "crap" pile has the most valuable stuff.

Still haven't bought a unit. Have been close a few times but got outbid. My town is small enough that the auctions don't come up too often & people in the biz are willing to pay more for the units with furniture than I am.

I'm still buying estates when I can. Meeting a woman today who inherited a bunch of stuff a couple months ago. She was telling a friend of mine that she had been opening boxes...digging halfway to the bottom.....& then throwing out the whole box. He told her to stop doing that and contacted me. Hopefully she hasn't thrown out all the good stuff & kept the crap. I run into that on a regular basis. People will have 2 piles of stuff. One is what they think is the "good" stuff & the other is the "crap". Almost every time the "crap" pile has the most valuable stuff.

Yes, it's amazing how people will think something shiny is valuable even when it has a made in China sticker on the bottom!!!! Lol!

I finally hit 100 listings up!
My daughter says to me on her way to bed, I hope you sell all 100 tonight. I'm like, no way! I don't want to have to wrap 100 items tomorrow!!!! LOL.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back