CRACKBADGER said:Stan,
and bidding on this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220591698288&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
Have I gotten screwed here?
Sedwicks Cataloge lists Hundreds of 1715 fleet stuff.. , cross sides, Shields, etc.. for comparison..
the one above looks closer to 1620's or 1640's..the '8' is Early , and oM/J should be the fleet assayers.. above looks like oM/D ( 1641 Concepcion wreck, maybe)...
yet I do have 1699 dated coins from Goodpastures estate
Yet anythings possible.. like buying a lottery ticket !
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
It does go hand-in-hand with all the scholarly text in Craig's work, which is a must have for any 1715 fleet collector. I agree it is likely 1600's. Besides the Concepcion wreck it also looks similar to Lucayan Beach wreck coins. I don't really see anything to tell me it is a sea salvage coin, but that is difficult due to photo size. If it was in the ocean its been heavily cleaned at some point.








