What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Edison battery question

Stuperduke

Full Member
Joined
May 30, 2017
Messages
139
Reaction score
243
Golden Thread
0
Location
Vancouver WA
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX-4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, thrift store score was great picked up what I know are edison batteries, not only because they say it but because of what they are. My question is that I did not believe he made batteries before 1900. Any information on an 1890 Edison brand type Bb would be fantastic. Not looking for worth, just the history. You can still read the edison brand on the electrodes perfectly so they must not have been used much.
 

Attachments

  • 20220720_162402.webp
    20220720_162402.webp
    370.9 KB · Views: 296
  • 20220720_162140.webp
    20220720_162140.webp
    402.4 KB · Views: 122
Well if you didn’t cut and paste that from someone else, your quite the fountain of information yourself.
I’m not so sure my file of the self winding clock company doesn’t include info from yourself. Someone here really filled in the blanks for me.
 
Upvote 0
Well, thrift store score was great picked up what I know are edison batteries, not only because they say it but because of what they are. My question is that I did not believe he made batteries before 1900. Any information on an 1890 Edison brand type Bb would be fantastic. Not looking for worth, just the history. You can still read the edison brand on the electrodes perfectly so they must not have been used much.
I found a battery oil bottle, but its nice to see what the whole battery looked like!
 
Upvote 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom