What's new

Egyptian something or other?

shvlnflds

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2010
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Freedom III,Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Slightly bigger around than a seated liberty half dollar. I think it is copper.
 

Attachments

  • DSC05242.webp
    DSC05242.webp
    25.1 KB · Views: 376
  • DSC05241.webp
    DSC05241.webp
    49 KB · Views: 340
I think thats from an early 1900's Egyptian Revival watch fob. Is there a piece broken from the top? Its in my 1909 Sears Roebuck catalog. ;D

egyp2.webpegyp2.webp
 

Attachments

  • egyptianrevival watch fob.webp
    egyptianrevival watch fob.webp
    49.8 KB · Views: 366
Upvote 0
Thanks a lot, that would be it. At least now I know what it is.
 
Upvote 0
Is it worth anything?
 
Upvote 0
pawinground said:
Is it worth anything?
I dont know the value but its part of a 100 year old watch fob. You must consider that its broken and incomplete. The plating is gone. It may be worth something to somebody if presented properly but I would just keep it as an intereseting find. Heres the 1909 Sears ad. "The latest craze."
egyptian fob sears.webp
 
Upvote 0
I didn't think it was worth anything but it is a cool piece. Hey thanks a lot BCH :icon_thumleft: you know your stuff!
 
Upvote 0
pawinground said:
I didn't think it was worth anything but it is a cool piece. Hey thanks a lot BCH :icon_thumleft: you know your stuff!
Thanks. A lot of guys/gals know their stuff here. I was just the first to see it. ;D
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom