El Paso mountains, spanish treasure? Nugget hunting?

kysar

Greenie
Jul 31, 2013
Blackhawk Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, whites TM 808
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have some info about a treasure that is in the El Paso mountains "I think" or at least a great target for nugget shooting. If you know of any treasure stories in the area let me know, I will give info if it's useful. You will need the right story for the treasure but for nugget shooting I'll tell ya anyways where and why it's there.

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Kysar

Here is a story from 1887 from El Paso that you might find interesting?

Los Angeles Herald, Volume 29, Number 62, 3 December 1887 TREASURE CAVE EL PASO.jpg

Crow

OP
OP
K

kysar

Greenie
Jul 31, 2013
Blackhawk Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was thinking of the El Paso mountains in California, there is a paseoconclomerate layer with nuggets up to 12 lbs but I heard a story about a spanish treasure that might be in the area. Anyone hear a story like that? I have some notes from Mel Fisher the guy that found the Atocha from when he lived in California.

OP
OP
K

kysar

Greenie
Jul 31, 2013
Blackhawk Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
These are the clues I have found...

4 tunnels / 3 arches

Bring Peter, and have a BBQ with Sulphur for it will open the 1st tunnel. In it you will see 2 large chests, one containing Spanish uniforms. the other was half filled with Ore. There are 4 chairs and a long table in the middle. The room had a bad stench(I don;t know where it came from.) There were many more items.

The second tunnel has a door of iron. The lock is Spanish, the door is not. Pass the second door is a statue of Bronze Man 6ft tall (The Guardian)along with a wall of Spanish Armor hanging. Also there are Swords and books and a table with plates. Some small bones, musical instruments and ship sextant. also church artifacts.

The third tunnel is hidden among the walls, but it is said to contain a row of Gold Bars 30feet long and three rows deep. Here is the way to the site <> take 108 to 15 to 111. Then 88 to 49 to 12. Look north.
3 trees that are not native mark the entrance to the first tunnel. The first tree is praying, the second is the cross and the third is a rather large animal with an inscription spanish marker.

Hey! They shoot horses don't they???

augoldminer

Jan 7, 2013
high desert goldfields
Detector(s) used
gold master V-sat
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have been all over the El Paso mountains (i live in Ridgecrest)and have never heard of any spanish treasure and the nugget hunting is fair. but a lot of lead bullets dot the desert making for a lot of dead targets.

i have found one of the load sources for the gold.

RC_Brian

Oct 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im in Ridgecrest as well,
Would love to go treasure hunting anywhere around here...

Hit me up!

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spent + - 40 years messing around in the El Pasos. The nugget hunting can be OK. As for the Spanish treasure it may be referring to the armour and such found just outside of Mojave on Edwards A.F Base. . 12 lb nuggets hmmm

HappyTrails55

Sep 30, 2005
Paso Robles
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
These are the clues I have found...

4 tunnels / 3 arches

Bring Peter, and have a BBQ with Sulphur for it will open the 1st tunnel. In it you will see 2 large chests, one containing Spanish uniforms. the other was half filled with Ore. There are 4 chairs and a long table in the middle. The room had a bad stench(I don;t know where it came from.) There were many more items.

The second tunnel has a door of iron. The lock is Spanish, the door is not. Pass the second door is a statue of Bronze Man 6ft tall (The Guardian)along with a wall of Spanish Armor hanging. Also there are Swords and books and a table with plates. Some small bones, musical instruments and ship sextant. also church artifacts.

The third tunnel is hidden among the walls, but it is said to contain a row of Gold Bars 30feet long and three rows deep. Here is the way to the site <> take 108 to 15 to 111. Then 88 to 49 to 12. Look north.
3 trees that are not native mark the entrance to the first tunnel. The first tree is praying, the second is the cross and the third is a rather large animal with an inscription spanish marker.

Hey! They shoot horses don't they???
If any of you guys and gals are still around see my book "The Return of the Giant Serpent" under the Aztec Gold Category of Treasure Legends. It's all about BLACK MOUNTAIN of the El Paso Range and lot's of Color Pictures too, also with Giant Spanish Crosses and Treasure Symbols....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread