What's new

electric pipe

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Messages
3,860
Reaction score
1,939
Golden Thread
3
Location
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
3
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac

Nokta marko simplex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
electric pipe

Found in the woods. Laid it on the detector for size. It's 3 ft. long.
It has electric wires coming out the side and the top of the handle.
The bottom is around 2 1/2 in.wide.
The lower handle is 15 inches from the bottom were two pieces of iron are welded to a galvanised pipe cap.
Any ideas what it is or what it could have been used for.
 

Attachments

  • march17, 001.webp
    march17, 001.webp
    43.3 KB · Views: 244
  • march17, 002.webp
    march17, 002.webp
    105.9 KB · Views: 231
  • march17, 003.webp
    march17, 003.webp
    76.7 KB · Views: 221
  • march17, 008.webp
    march17, 008.webp
    89.7 KB · Views: 233
  • march17, 011.webp
    march17, 011.webp
    51.5 KB · Views: 231
  • march17, 014.webp
    march17, 014.webp
    54.5 KB · Views: 230
Re: electric pipe

Looks like a water or gas valve cutoff tool. I think the wires were just stuck in it. Tony
 
Upvote 0
Re: electric pipe

Spooky said:
Looks like a homemade valve actuator..

I know it's not much help but years ago when I worked in maintenance we welded something similar up to access a valve through a cover in the shop withouh having to climb inside it.
Tony in SC said:
Looks like a water or gas valve cutoff tool. I think the wires were just stuck in it. Tony
I agree looks like a homeade water/gas valve key with a T handle.
 

Attachments

  • water meter key.webp
    water meter key.webp
    1.2 KB · Views: 177
Upvote 0
Re: electric pipe

They also use things like this to pull well pumps out with.
 
Upvote 0
Re: electric pipe

I agree that it is gas or water valve tool. The wires had me going.
Thanks Spooky
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom