What's new

Electrolysis....

LJ

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2006
Messages
3,469
Reaction score
19
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't have any boxes due in today so I experimented this afternoon with electrolysis on the Walker I found in yesterday's box. It's kinda fun but I would not do this with a really old...expensive coin. Below are the before and after pictures.
 

Attachments

  • P5220172.webp
    P5220172.webp
    38.7 KB · Views: 580
  • P5220172.webp
    P5220172.webp
    38.7 KB · Views: 581
  • P5230173.webp
    P5230173.webp
    38.4 KB · Views: 574
I don't know...lol. I am experimenting. I have no experience with electroysis. It looks alot better than it did though.

This is what I call "on the job training"....ha!
 
Looks good to me, lj. You're almost a pro. Glad you didn't leave it in too long! :)
 
Now take a little comet/ajax in between your thumb and finger, wet, and swirl around. It'll finish the job. Make sure it's very wet as it is abrasive. I usually then shine with a jewelers cloth, semichrome polish is also nice, this can be found a auto stores.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom