What's new

Elephant Beach Breaks The Slump- Its Karmarrific !!

Bigpoppa

Full Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2012
Messages
125
Reaction score
146
Golden Thread
0
Location
Dirty Jerzee
Detector(s) used
ML Excal II
ML Sov GT
Compass 77B
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Elephant Beach Breaks The Slump- It's Karmarrific !!

First of all I would like to THANK all of my supporters and motivators on the forums, which helped me get through this gold slump...

I would especially like to thank Tom, Brian & Dave who sent me all the good karma and necessary motivation to get up and going early yesterday and hit one of the more affluent beaches in my area... Thanks Guys !!!

Getting tired of just finding piles of Cladzilla I took some others advice and hit
a spot I hadn't been to in awhile, which caters to a wealthier crowd than my home turf ..Amongst the South Jersey crew we refer to the spot as Elephant Beach or Golden Miss Lucy...

As soon as the youngest left for school I busted out my new F&S boots and headed down for what would be just after low tide..I immediately busted out my trusty binoculars and scanned the beach for any low spots or ones holding embedded rocks and shells..I found my target spot just south and kicked up some sand and was on my way..

As soon as I turned on my machine I was greeted by a pyramid sinker...The next signal again was another sinker...I thought that was certainly a good sign...
Less than 10 minutes into the hunt and on only my fourth hole I was greeted by a jumbo silver men's chain...One look at it's battleship gray color and I knew it was a keeper..

I continued gridding the area, but mostly at the bottom as I still had alot of space to cover and the tide was already coming in...The spot continued giving up heavy junk items and a few more sinkers, but very few coins at this point..
About an hour and half into the hunt after finding about 6 bottlecaps in a row, all of a sudden pops out my first gold ring in quite awhile..WOO HOO #2 !! You know you have a winner when the quality is so nice that you don't even need to look at the markings..

As the tide continued in I finished most of the area I had targeted and now I moved up top to the wind eroded banks and mounds..
This is where I started finding some clad almost immediately and probably 5 finds were right on the surface clearly exposed..

Was hoping to make it a record three keeper day, but after 4 hours I called it quits...

Beautiful day out with all of the sunshine, but a bit windy...Once you get a few keepers in your pocket, it seems that it just gets prettier and prettier down by the water...

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME !!!


Good Luck & Happy Hunting to you all nd THANKS AGAIN !!!

TOTALS FOR THE DAY:

$3.26 in Clad...few copper pennies and greenies, but no real oldies

1- Men's 14K Stamped White & Yellow Gold Ring 8.2 Grams

1- Men's .925 Italy Silver Chain 44 Grams

1- Bullet round

A Nice little Pile of Fishing Sinkers

A Huge pile of Metallic Human Waste for the trash heap

70cedf19-93c7-49b9-8307-f2985c7d29b8.jpg


552989db-842f-4cc0-ba60-52b0ddef68e7.jpg


3-20-134.jpg


3-20-135.jpg
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Great Hunt Larry!
Over an ounce in Silver
and the fatty GOLD was icing on the cake.
I knew you were due for a big one.:icon_thumright:
 
I would especially like to thank Tom, Brian & Dave who sent me all the good karma and necessary motivation to get up and going early yesterday and hit one of the more affluent beaches in my area... Thanks Guys !!!

nice finds ! hopefully they read this & respond
 
The more digging you do the more good stuff you find. That is of course unless you are using a PI after a bunch of Minelab guys gleaned the good stuff from the beach. Great hunt. I am hoping for one like that myself tomorrow. Papa
 
THANKS FOR THE SHOUT OUT!!!!

And, congratulations on the GOLD!!!!!!!!!


Good to see that many of Brian's techniques are paying off for you. Affluent beach, Binocular scan for the low spots, shell rubble on the beach. It's all good stuff!!!! Did you do the spiral grid? It took me a while to warm up to that, but gotta tell ya, it too is good stuff.

We were a little confused as to why you would out your own hunting location, but we figured it out. No problem!!!:wink:

You are welcome down our way anytime. Bring your friends, there is plenty of room for everybody!

Oh, and about your coining new names for our beach, I kinda like them, but we'll get back to you.

Again, good job, go get some more!!!!!

 
Bigscoop, that is a great post!

I am so happy for you that you found those beautiful treasures!

I love that silver chain.:hello2:

Keep up the terrific detecting!
Lorraine
 


Oh, and about your coining new names for our beach, I kinda like them, but we'll get back to you.


I wasn't aware that you had purchased the beachfront in Margate ????
Does my Mom , who has lived there for close to 30 years, need to purchase special beachtags from your group or is it strictly private now ??
 
Bigpoppa, you let your mom know she is welcome to hunt with us anytime!!!!:love8:
 
Great hunt. You deserve a cigar.
:occasion14:
 
Big gold and big silver...great hunt...congrats.
 
Feels soooooooo good when you break the slump!!!! Congrats!!! Remember good things come in three's!!!
Strong Work having a game plan and applying your know how to find the booty, it's a great feeling!!
Mission accomplished!:icon_thumright:

Ps I love it when I am day dreaming while hunting and the yellow pops out and yells surprise!!!!!

SnT
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom