What's new

Elkhart finds for smasheriii2004 "Theyre out there"

diggin jimmy hoffa

Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2007
Messages
765
Reaction score
42
Golden Thread
0
Location
Somewhere in Michiana
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Elkhart finds for smasheriii2004 "They're out there"

Smasher,

You mentioned there wasn't much posted here about local finds so I thought I would throw a few up here to let you see that they are here in the ground just waiting for us to dig em' up.

1905 V Nickle found at McNaughton Park on 6/17/09
Trade Token found at Willowdale Park 6/07/09
Ring, 2 Wheaties, and SLQ found here in town on private property that I had just about given up on



Anyone else can add their finds to this as inspiration to our locals to see and the finds don't have to be recent either.

HH

DJH
 

Attachments

  • Token Cleaned Front.webp
    Token Cleaned Front.webp
    13.5 KB · Views: 352
  • Token Cleaned Back.webp
    Token Cleaned Back.webp
    15.6 KB · Views: 345
  • Grange Hall Find 5-27-09.webp
    Grange Hall Find 5-27-09.webp
    13.5 KB · Views: 336
  • Token Cleaned Front.webp
    Token Cleaned Front.webp
    13.5 KB · Views: 336
  • 1905 V Nickle Front.webp
    1905 V Nickle Front.webp
    3 KB · Views: 300
  • Grange Hall Find 5-27-09.webp
    Grange Hall Find 5-27-09.webp
    13.5 KB · Views: 331
  • Token Cleaned Back.webp
    Token Cleaned Back.webp
    15.6 KB · Views: 334
Re: Elkhart finds for smasheriii2004 "They're out there"

Nice finds DJH, I just like to see what everyone finds, whatever the finds are. sometimes I get inpatient and expect to see something everytime I get on this forum.
 
Re: Elkhart finds for smasheriii2004 "They're out there"

Nice recoveries! :icon_thumright: love that token!
 
Re: Elkhart finds for smasheriii2004 "They're out there"

MEMORIAL MAGNET said:
Nice recoveries! :icon_thumright: love that token!


Yeah the token is pretty cool.

I did get some information on the business that it is from and the time frame in which they were open, so it dates the token between from 1904-1919 when Prohibition began.

According to a newspaper clipping that I received from the S.B. Library “Among good eating and drinking establishments, Hagedorn’s Buffet was practically a legend.”

Kinda makes me think that with prohibition he closed his doors.

HH
DJH
 
Re: Elkhart finds for smasheriii2004 "They're out there"

I promise (spitting on hand and holding it up to the screen) that I will post any of my finds in this forum first. Swear to gawd!

Soooo...how'd everyone do this past weekend?

I was fishing the Western Basin Lake Erie....take home fish haul...30 perch= 8lbs of fillets.
The perch princess has spoken...until next time...over and out fellas.
 
Re: Elkhart finds for smasheriii2004 "They're out there"

Question for ya vibes,Do you and your husband eat all these fish yourselves or do you guys have like a fish fry or something?
 
Re: Elkhart finds for smasheriii2004 "They're out there"

smasheriii2004 said:
Question for ya vibes,Do you and your husband eat all these fish yourselves or do you guys have like a fish fry or something?

Hubby and I eat some fish, give some away and then we do a huge fish fry in October for family and friends:)
 
Re: Elkhart finds for smasheriii2004 "They're out there"

How about Walker Park? Not very old there huh...Maybe Howard Park in SB? Does anyone know of the oldest parks located in Michiana? Here are a couple of the hundreds of finds we have dug while visiting good ole Notre Dame Land! Hope to get some more this weekend...Goodluck out there and be safe...
 

Attachments

  • Barber 1.webp
    Barber 1.webp
    73.3 KB · Views: 254
  • Barber 3.webp
    Barber 3.webp
    79.5 KB · Views: 263
  • Barber 9.webp
    Barber 9.webp
    44.3 KB · Views: 249
  • Barber 8.webp
    Barber 8.webp
    29.8 KB · Views: 250
  • Barber 5.webp
    Barber 5.webp
    19.5 KB · Views: 261
  • Barber 4.webp
    Barber 4.webp
    80.9 KB · Views: 260
  • Barber 1.webp
    Barber 1.webp
    73.3 KB · Views: 255
  • Barber 8.webp
    Barber 8.webp
    29.8 KB · Views: 248
  • Barber 5.webp
    Barber 5.webp
    19.5 KB · Views: 253
  • Barber 4.webp
    Barber 4.webp
    80.9 KB · Views: 253
  • Barber 3.webp
    Barber 3.webp
    79.5 KB · Views: 254
  • Barber 2.webp
    Barber 2.webp
    83 KB · Views: 259
  • Barber 11.webp
    Barber 11.webp
    25.5 KB · Views: 246
  • Barber 9.webp
    Barber 9.webp
    44.3 KB · Views: 243

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom