What's new

Employed!

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
3,716
Reaction score
1,504
Golden Thread
0
Location
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
Deus II/HF2, Manticore, E-Trac, Excalibur II, V3i, Pro-Find 40, Vibra-Probe 585, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I start tomorrow and will do 40 hours a week in perpetuity, unless the fickle finger of fate screws it up. Gotta be there 8:30AM...will be second programmer for small family owned business at about 2/3rds of what I was making before, but, hey, I took it in a millisecond.
 
Good luck with the new job, I hope it works out well for you. :thumbsup:
 
Congrats are in order Beep :headbang: I know what it's been like too, unemployed for just over 2 years, with no unemployment either. I just landed a consulting gig, that I hope turns into full employment. They didn't want to opt for the FT yet, because of all the taxes involved. It's easier to pay me on a 1090 and have me deal with the IRS at the end of he year. This is 25% of where I have been, and I didn't hesitate to grab this opportunity either. I just afraid that I will develop the sales and the operation set-up and get the boot in the end. :laughing7:

If that is the case you'll be seeing me on Americas Most Wanted, and the following week on Cops :laughing9:
 
I'm glad that you got a job , any job . It is getting harder and harder to find work no matter what is said on the news.
At least that will be one worry off your mind . Good luck !
 
Thanks! It isn't perfect...no insurance, but good IRA. I'm going to have to look for some good group insurance with them, or elswhere.

It was a total of... 2 years, 3 months, 28 days. I did take 6 months (10K) unemployment initially, but did not re-up with the extension when I could have. I figured I got out what I put in over the years.
 
Hey beep, Congratulations on getting the work. I'm glad you have it, and like you said it is a lot better than
being out of work. Hope it works out good for you.

I have been down that road (Being out of work) and it is not fun. Twice I had good jobs that I considered
staying with until retirement, but the first one went bankrupt, and a few years later the other sold the
business and let all the help go because the new company just wanted the equipment. It can be quite a
struggle getting back on your feet again.

Spart that sounds good from you, too. glad that you have some work now , too From the looks of your jobs,
it looks like both of you have lots of smarts.

Wishing you both the best of luck with your new employment

Ray
 
:icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright: From chug :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft: From Red

WTG on the job good luck ;D ;D ;D
 
The Beep Goes On said:
Thanks! It isn't perfect...no insurance, but good IRA. I'm going to have to look for some good group insurance with them, or elswhere.

It was a total of... 2 years, 3 months, 28 days. I did take 6 months (10K) unemployment initially, but did not re-up with the extension when I could have. I figured I got out what I put in over the years.

Congrats Beep!!! :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright: Look on the bright side. You might be able to make contacts that'll lead to a better offer or at least maybe some consulting contacts. At least you're on the flat now, not going uphill wondering if it'll ever get any better! Again Congrats!
 
First day was good...looks like it should prove to be a good job with good people. :)
 
Good for you man! Hope it works out great.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom