What's new

end of the year find, my best too!! updated pics!! and youtube vid link

trevmma

Bronze Member
Joined
May 23, 2006
Messages
1,122
Reaction score
683
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
whites 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well a buddy of mine took me out to his honey hole today that he has been saving for us to walk. It was my first walk with him, we made it to the field it was frosted over pretty bad, exept one spot way away from the creek, but we decided to go there the whole time he is telling me that he doesnt find to much out that way but since we cant see anywhere else we will hit it> Good thing we did! a tiny peice of what i thought was a bit caught my eye, but there was so much frost and bean debitage laying on top that i was un sure but when i bent down i noticed a groove running around it, i thought i was dreaming, i cant find a axe this big, no way, lol. of course i yelled for my buddy . i was a little scarred to pull it out thinking it was just a natural groove , but bam my very best axe and biggest, on a mourning that started out with a dead car battery and brake light ticket, not warning. turned out to be the best hunt ever and i owe it all to my good buddy, terry, who would not take the axe> p.s. first pic should be a video if not i will repost, thanks very much for looking. merry christmas
sorry for the f work i was in shock
here is link to video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hBsW8MZmSk&list=UUAQ8fRokL2nthNy6X-G_A3w&index=1&feature=plcp
IMAG0541.jpg


IMAG0538.jpg

IMAG0542.jpg

IMAG0540.jpg

bottom grove
IMAG0539.jpg

IMAG0507.jpg

IMAG0510.jpg

IMAG0516.jpg

IMAG0524.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Re: end of the year find, my best too!! sorry, i reposted , i suck at this

Really a banner , I have seen people with a few this big in there collection. Did not ever think I would find one though, ever this size. Jon I have about 20 tips and pole ends, I have found a small full groove in waynesville that was whole. It was found right on Ohio Indiana line towards union county indiana. It's about 5 pounds. Yes it stands on its own with no breaks and a full groove, thanks everyone
 
Re: end of the year find, my best too!! sorry, i reposted , i suck at this

Good find man! Well, 3 days left. I probably won't beat this find but,
I've got only 1 trick up my sleeve with all this snow. Hopefully I can
pull it off before January first. My banner vote is entered. Good luck
out there guys & gals.
-chad-
 
awesome thanks guys, i still keep looking over at it and pinching myself, lol
 
Congratulations!! Thats a really nice artifact. Looks like you will be having a Happy New Year!
 
Thanks J, might have to bring u one next time I dig with ya. Have a long weekend coming up,how's your lats
 
I'll be fine if you wanna dig bro, I can borrow my kids buckets and shovels :wink: ;D Bob wants to dig pretty bad too.....
 
Will run it by the wife, she souls be cool,lol
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom