What's new

End to the silver drought

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2006
Messages
1,930
Reaction score
811
Golden Thread
0
Location
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all. Went to pick up my 3 boxes today.Brinks delivers to this bank but i ended up with 3 Loomis boxes instead. Saw they were stamped with a 2007 stamp. Can't judge a box by what's showing. 1st box only had a 40%er showing but it produced 10 walkers(including a well worn 1923-S),6 bens,2-1964s and 14-40%ers. 2nd box had a different date and only had 3-40%ers.3rd box had the same date as the 1st. Ripped off the top and saw a walker staring back at me. She was one of 5 walkers hiding out in that box along with 4 more Bens,1-64 and 12-40%ers along with a foreign coin from Jordan. Totals for 3 boxes are 15 walkers,10 bens,3-64s and 26-40%ers. This was a nice change from the 1 and 2 per box i've been seeing the last couple of months. HH everyone.One question,does anyone have any ideas as to why Brinks delivered a different type of box today. Just curious. MM2
 

Attachments

  • DSCN3187.webp
    DSCN3187.webp
    47.1 KB · Views: 404
  • DSCN3189.webp
    DSCN3189.webp
    46.1 KB · Views: 398
Upvote 0
Gotta love that MM.....congrats and some great boxes!!!! That is alot of Walkers and Ben's. Those 90%'ers really boost the ounce totals.

I am not sure why you got the Loomis boxes instead of Brinks but maybe you should get more of them huh....lol.

I'm glad to hear you little drought ended too.....ended in a BIG way to!!

Love the pictures MM....thanks. Good luck on the next boxes and keep that silver flowing..............
 
Congrats!

I really like your rock solid table - great for setting stacks "o" full boxes!!
 
When you say Loomis box, do you mean CWI box? What exactly are the stamped markings on the box? Only goes to show the older boxes (yours being 2007) were very good producers at the time. Had it been stamped 2009, who knows, it's a coin toss!
 
Very Nice take.

As far as why you got Fed boxes. They probably ran out but being true to their Bank customer they probably bought them from the competition to fill your banks order.

It has happend to me a couple of times in the past.

Mojo
 
Sitting With Liberty said:
When you say Loomis box, do you mean CWI box? What exactly are the stamped markings on the box? Only goes to show the older boxes (yours being 2007) were very good producers at the time. Had it been stamped 2009, who knows, it's a coin toss!
Yes, i should say CWI boxes. Single stacked,yellow wrappers with the date and inspector # stamped on them.They were all dated from 2007 but i found a few 2009s in there,figure that.Thanks all.
 
coinmojo said:
Very Nice take.

As far as why you got Fed boxes. They probably ran out but being true to their Bank customer they probably bought them from the competition to fill your banks order.

It has happend to me a couple of times in the past.

Mojo
I hope to see a few more of those boxes, the brinks boxes for the most part don't give up much silver.
 
The 2009s really add to the mystery here. You can only hope for more of those boxes. I hit a vein of boxes about six months ago that was popping out the Walkers. My best box had seven. It was also from CWI boxes and I was ordering about 4k a week from a bank and after a few weeks of ordering this much I started getting some older boxes. Must have hit the bottom of the pallet or maybe the warehouse was getting low. The boxes were from 2007 and the coins were older with no 2008s. Your 2009s add a new wrinkle here.

Maine_Jim
 
maine_Jim said:
The 2009s really add to the mystery here. You can only hope for more of those boxes. I hit a vein of boxes about six months ago that was popping out the Walkers. My best box had seven. It was also from CWI boxes and I was ordering about 4k a week from a bank and after a few weeks of ordering this much I started getting some older boxes. Must have hit the bottom of the pallet or maybe the warehouse was getting low. The boxes were from 2007 and the coins were older with no 2008s. Your 2009s add a new wrinkle here.

Maine_Jim
Only thing i can think of is the boxes are pre-stamped with the date and inspector #. At a later date, when they are filled,maybe then,they are inspected before being shipped.
 
My best boxes over the last 6 months have been 2008 stamped boxes....but I haven't gotten any stamps of any kind on my Loomis boxes in quite a while. The unstamped boxes never produce more than 1 or 2 and I'm really starting to hate it when I roll the box over and there's nothing there :(.

Is anyone else getting the unstamped boxes????
 
Kind of starting to look like those boxes you got earlier in the year. Maybe you will hit another streak!

Golden Silver
 
coinmojo said:
wharghoul said:
Is anyone else getting the unstamped boxes????

Yes.

Mojo,

Thanks for the thought provoking and expansive response. :wink:

Next time I'll ask a more open-ended question.
 
wharghoul said:
coinmojo said:
wharghoul said:
Is anyone else getting the unstamped boxes????

Yes.

Mojo,

Thanks for the thought provoking and expansive response. :wink:

Next time I'll ask a more open-ended question.

LOL I thought you would like that......

I have been getting brinks boxes mostly and there is never a date stamp on them.

The flat fed Half dollar boxes have had either a code number, a date, or nothing at all in the last three months.

Mojo
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom