Endurance, Age & Wisdom

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So there we were, eyeing each other at a not-so-safe distance, my fingers tapping the table, brows compressed and my left eye now squinting from the tension that was slowly building between us. I use to eat his type for lunch nearly everyday, but this one appeared a tad bit beefier and he was all spiced up like he was poising for a designer celebrity shoot. I can’t tell you how badly I wanted to pick his face apart, one tiny piece at a time until there was nothing left. When the afternoon started there had been eight of them but the other seven had gone down without too much trouble, but this one, he was a bit different and I was honestly starting to question my own sanity. If I challenged this one I was going be hurting in a big way, no doubt about it. So I tapped my fingers on the table a few times, my memories trying to remind what it had been like in my younger days when I was up to such task. Clearly I wasn’t that same man anymore, a little older and slower now, still a contender, but not near the endurance I once had. And very clearly, if I decided to reach out and grab hold of him it was all going to come down to endurance. As I continued to eye him I could tell he was fairly young and still possessing hours of unbridled endurance. And with that, though I hated to do it, I slid my chair back and I got up and walked away. That last piece of yummy pizza just isn’t worth it anymore. :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread