Not open for further replies.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, I am no electronics expert. I didn't even stay at a Holliday Inn. But this article shines some light on how L-rods can pick up an MFD signal line--something the skeptics refuse to admit but MFD users have known for decades.

The idea here is the L-rod (antenna) is powered by a high voltage frequency and this creates the effect of a much larger antenna (see Fig. 1, a ways down the article). So my thinking here is although the MFD is infinitely less power, there is no desire to transmit around the world--just a hundred yards is plenty of distance. And of course the human body's nervous system is an extremely sensitive receiving antenna. When the person walks across the signal line, that's when the energy-sucking effect takes place. I also suspect this phenomena occurs in pure dowsers through thought energy instead of the MFD frequency generator. Of course it is not as consistent or reliable.

I should also point out here that some people believe MFD's are just dowsing, and though they are probably dowsing with an MFD all I can say is they have a long ways to go on the pathway to knowledge.

Nikola Tesla Page, Tesla's power receiver

Last edited:

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep, you're right, that's an "idea". A really bad one. But not worse than the idea in Chuckie's patent, if that makes you feel any better.

Just make sure the swivelly thingy swivels, and the rest is up to your imagination.

--Toto

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
"Tesla's Power Receiver" is a good read on electrically short antennas, although not entirely free of mistakes since the subject matter was new to the author. He obviously wasn't aware that what he's describing is ordinary VLF radio engineering. At least he didn't have the idea that invoking the name "Tesla" makes it supernatural magic like so many uneducated Tesla fans are wont to believe.
--Toto

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
~woof~
. A
t least he didn't have the idea that invoking the name "Tesla" makes it supernatural magic like so many uneducated Tesla fans are wont to believe.
HowStuffWorks "How the Tesla Turbine Works"
Most people know Nikola Tesla, the eccentric and brilliant man who arrived in New York City in 1884, as the father of alternating current, the form of electricity that supplies power to almost all homes and businesses. But Tesla was a prodigious inventor who applied his genius to a wide range of practical problems. All told, he held 272 patents in 25 countries, with 112 patents in the United States alone. You might think that, of all this work, Tesla would have held his inventions in electrical engineering -- those that described a complete system of generators, transformers, transmission lines, motor and lighting
Looks like an impressive resume to me...3 of my LRL’s have Tesla Couils in them...Art

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
...3 of my LRL’s have Tesla Couils in them...Art

Art, I'm betting that none of them do. Why do you believe they have Tesla coils in them? Or you're just pretending, like your photoshopped gold pan?

Obvious next question: of what use is a Tesla coil to an LRL anyhow?

Trick question: why not a Helmholtz coil instead? (The answer to that is in my previous post, no excuse for not knowing the answer to that one.)

--Toto

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~woof~
Art, I'm betting that none of them do. Why do you believe they have Tesla coils in them?
I guess I should have said ...Looks like Teslsa Coils as he passed away many years ago.
Or you're just pretending, like your photoshopped gold pan?
I am not pretending

Obvious next question: of what use is a Tesla coil to an LRL anyhow?
No idea...They find gold so they seem to work.

Tr 220px-Hhcoil[1].jpg Jiffycoils-Tesla-Coil-projects[1].jpg

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks, Art. The one on the right looks like a Tesla coil. No reason to believe that it has anything to do with an LRL at all, much less an LRL that you own. In any case, the only way it'll find gold is if you hold a piece of the stuff a few inches from the topload. That's short distance, not long distance. Of course with imagination........ with that name "Tesla", a person could get the idea that it has supernatural powers and do anything a person fancies.

--Toto

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~woof~
Thanks, Art. The one on the right looks like a Tesla coil. No reason to believe that it has anything to do with an LRL at all, much less an LRL that you own. In any case, the only way it'll find gold is if you hold a piece of the stuff a few inches from the topload. That's short distance, not long distance. Of course with imagination........ with that name "Tesla", a person could get the idea that it has supernatural powers and do anything a person fancies.
Yes it is hard to imagine that the signal only goes a few inches. It is also hard to imagine that you walk fifty feet from that device and found a signal. You imagined that you followed the signal for 8 miles while crossing creeks and steep canyons and recovered gold. What is really amazing is when the gold buyer gives you cash for your imaginary gold. It makes you think that the guy who claims to have tested this device was a fake...Art

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
Since you're big on guessing games, telling fragments of a story and hoping people will fill in the gaps themselves to have it come out the way you want (exactly how a Gravitator ad works, read the advertisement!),

After having said that you have three LRL's with Tesla coils, now you're not willing to say that you even own the Tesla coil in the photo, which at a glance of course I didn't believe that you did.

But, there's this story which you yourself label as an imagination story, so let's run with the story doing a thought experiment.

* * * * * IT'S LRL STORYTIME! * * * * * * (sneak preview: has nothing to do with technology and everything to do with how people reason about things they don't understand) * * * * * *

Some guy who is into doodlebugging gets his hands on a Tesla coil, believing the darn things to be majick, and not just ordinary majick, but gold majick. (Glad for Mr. Tesla's sake he is no longer able to see the utter nonsense which his supposed fans attribute to him.)

He turns it on (giving benefit of the doubt here!) and 50 feet from the thing, he "gets a signal". Well, this is the LRL forum, we all know what that means. An L-rod or perhaps two of them "did something"-- in the hands of the operator, without which there would have been no "signal". (Mike, is Art telling your story?)

So the guy travels 8 miles to a place where he knows gold is likely to be found. (Nope, this part sound more like Art, does Mike know anything about gold prospecting?) And by golly he finds some, undoubtedly in the customary non-majickal manner, and sells it to someone.

No evidence whatsoever that the Tesla coil had anything to do with the recovery of the gold, only that the person who did it attributed to a device he falsely believed was majickal a result which was caused by ordinary means having nothing to do with the Tesla coil.

But since he's invested in belief in the majickal powers of Tesla coils, the fact he found something through ordinary means reinforces the original false belief, and now the poor guy is certain that the Tesla coil was an essential ingredient in the recovery!

Art, if it makes you feel any better, I know enough about electrically short antennas that if I wanted to build a Tesla coil of the height seen in the photo, and wanted to detect the transmitted signal at 8 miles, I could probably do it (but the Tesla coil would be a better design than the one in the photo). After all, this is ordinary VLF-LF radio engineering, not supernatural majick. Show me a valuable app for such a thing and maybe I'll go for it. Of course this has nothing to do with detecting gold.

--Toto

PS: speaking of "signal", it looks like Mike bailed out on us.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~woof~
Art, if it makes you feel any better, I know enough about electrically short antennas that if I wanted to build a Tesla coil of the height seen in the photo, and wanted to detect the transmitted signal at 8 miles, I could probably do it (but the Tesla coil would be a better design than the one in the photo). After all, this is ordinary VLF-LF radio engineering, not supernatural majick. Show me a valuable app for such a thing and maybe I'll go for it. Of course this has nothing to do with detecting gold.
Still waiting for the LRL that you claim you can build..Art

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
I could email you a chopstick. Can't say for sure whether the chopstick itself is atheist or not, you could try thumping it on a black leatherbound KJV Bible and see how it bounces off the cover. (That may not be an issue for you, just trying to get Mike's attention.)

At Radio Shack you can buy long distance locators with worldwide reach for like maybe $30. If you can settle for a couple thousand miles, less than $10 at discount outlet stores. If what you want is a Tesla coil several feet tall with a receiver for it that can detect the signal at 8 miles, that's probably not available off the shelf, it'll probably require some custom engineering. Put up $100,000 and explain what the market is, and I might be interested. Meanwhile I have more interesting shorter range projects.

If a fraudulent LRL is what you want, you don't need me for that, you've already got Mr. Blaines. That guy sure taught me a lot about how dowsing con games work before he got into the calculator-on-a-stick business.

--Toto

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~woof~
If a fraudulent LRL is what you want, you don't need me for that, you've already got Mr. Blaines. That guy sure taught me a lot about how dowsing con games work before he got into the calculator-on-a-stick business.
Gee woof..We don’t need you at all..I see no reason for anyone to have a device that has a range that will cover the world. Mine cover all the world that I want them to. It seems that the skeptics know a dowser who uses a calculator-on-a-stick to locate treasure. I don’t know the gentleman ...Art

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, Compass Gold Scanner, Maxi Pulse, Gardner with a 3 foot loop, PDF1000, & Dowsing rods,
I don't have all the answers, I just put dowsing rods in atheists hands and have them walk
over a hose with water running through it. When the rods cross (for 85% of them), then
it is up to them to bring out the theories.
Rich

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~Treasure finder~
I don't have all the answers, I just put dowsing rods in atheists hands and have them walk
over a hose with water running through it. When the rods cross (for 85% of them), then
it is up to them to bring out the theorie
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism
Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities.[SUP][1][/SUP] In a narrower sense, atheism is specifically the position that there are no deities.[SUP][2][3][/SUP] Most inclusively, atheism is simply the absence of belief that any deities exist.[SUP][3][4][5][/SUP] Atheism is contrasted with theism,[SUP][6][7][/SUP] which in its most general form is the belief that at least one deity exists.[SUP][7][8][/SUP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread