What's new

Enfield Bullet?

RiverRat3

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2009
Messages
1,360
Reaction score
420
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Found this bullet. It looks like an Enfield to me but was just wondering with the marks on the side. It appears to have been fired since the front of the bullet is gone. I think its to long to be a shotgun slug. Other Enfield's have been found in the area this was dug. Thanks for any help. HH
 

Attachments

  • Enfield.webp
    Enfield.webp
    14.2 KB · Views: 299
  • Enfield1.webp
    Enfield1.webp
    12.5 KB · Views: 278
  • Enfield2.webp
    Enfield2.webp
    15.1 KB · Views: 291
Well it is not an enfield as it has at least two, and maybe three, rings. Definitely fired but I can't say for sure if it is civil war related or not. See if you can see any crimp marks in the groves. That would indicate a later made bullet.
 
Upvote 0
duggap said:
Well it is not an enfield as it has at least two, and maybe three, rings. Definitely fired but I can't say for sure if it is civil war related or not. See if you can see any crimp marks in the groves. That would indicate a later made bullet.


Are those grooves or scratches?
 
Upvote 0
For sure not an enfield.
 
Upvote 0
It looks like a 3 ringer. The nose was messed up by a bullet wormer. It was a threaded tool used to pull jammed bullets out of the guns. I'm not sure if the bullet was fired or if the rifling marks were made when the bullet was pulled out of the barrel. I've dug several wormed bullets with rifling marks on the side but am not sure why they were like that.
 
Upvote 0
vayank54 said:
It looks like a 3 ringer. The nose was messed up by a bullet wormer. It was a threaded tool used to pull jammed bullets out of the guns. I'm not sure if the bullet was fired or if the rifling marks were made when the bullet was pulled out of the barrel. I've dug several wormed bullets with rifling marks on the side but am not sure why they were like that.

Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom